Hacking Best flashcart to load GBA Games?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have seen so many out there. But not sure which to get?

I am looking for one that'll just load GBA Games without a problem. It is compatible with a DS Lite, GBA SP and a GBA. What are the recommended ones that actually work xDD.

Expandable or Built in, either will work for me. And using cheats is a plus ^^.

Reply back here...
Spylch

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It would be Ez Flash IV(4) or something like that for the full name. BTW, the EZ IV uses a MINI SD, not Micro, not full sized, AND it doesn't support SDHC, though I don't see any reason for that kind of size for all of those GBA games.

Here's a link: http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.ez%20flash%20IV

DO NOT get the compact though as that has less PSRAM?/NOR? or something like that to play your GBA games so it'll be limited. I don't think they make/sell deluxe editions anymore which were the same size as the compact but had more memory, though both are lite sized and not GBA compatible(in terms of physical size).

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which is the best one for me to get if I'm using a ds lite? I can't pick.
Also does this one work on the ds lite cause it says for gba,sp and nds fat but not nds lite (EZ-Flash IV EZ-Cart with SD Card Reader for GBA/GBA SP/NDS Phat(512MB~8G Support))

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't know why it says incompatible with NDS Lite. Or do you mean it says NDS but NDS lite? Either way, it should work fine because NDS/GBA flashcarts work BOTH on a DS Phat and DS lite, though that isn't the same case with the DSi. Besides, there isn't one you can pick because one is the compact(lite sized, but GBA limited), one is with an SD reader and is sold out, and the other is the only one left. I would recommend a Deluxe if it were still sold anywhere as it's lite sized, and uses Micro SDs, and has more PSRAM and NOR memory to load the games from the SD card, but it isn't sold anywhere from my knowledge.

Only one on DealExtreme: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22019

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well i think I'm gona buy this but I have a few questions.
Can it use as regular sd card cause I have a 2gb sd card thats free?
Also if it does'nt work on the ds lite what can I do?
Do u need a specialusb for it or can u use the one that comes with the r4?
What comes in the box?
Thanks for all of the help man.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You can't use a REGULAR-SIZED SD card. You can only use a Mini SD, or a MicroSD with a MiniSD adapter. Just so you know, you can't use SDHC (Regular/Mini/Micro) either.

It should work on a DS Lite. The only thing with an issue of compatibility with flashcarts should be a DSi. The only reason it shouldn't if it's broken.

You need a MiniSD to USB reader OR a MiniSD to regular sized SD card and put it in a reader, but the one that comes with the R4 is a MicroSD to USB reader, so a miniSD will not fit.

What comes in the box will probably be the GBA flashcart, and maybe a CD that's outdated. You have to get the newer software. I think you can find it on the EZ Flash website and maybe here.

You may also want to read this review for some of the issues and how to load the games and SD card in: http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/brows...dx/op.mrratburn

Here's the latest software pack I could find on this website: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5234

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow this looks really complicated is there one thats easier to use or are they all used that way and thanks for all of the help so far.
I can purchase things off of ebay so if I'm looking for the things to help it run what do I search for besides mini sd?(In other words what do I type in to find the usb that works with mini sd cards?)
About hwo much space does each game take up?

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
gettogaara said:
wow this looks really complicated is there one thats easier to use or are they all used that way and thanks for all of the help so far.
I can purchase things off of ebay so if I'm looking for the things to help it run what do I search for besides mini sd?(In other words what do I type in to find the usb that works with mini sd cards?)
About hwo much space does each game take up?
Lol, it's really not complicated. Just get one of these to go with the ez flash iv card you plan on buying. a mini sd card is smaller than a regular sized sd card but bigger than a micro sd card. Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SD_Cards.svg

The one you want is in the middle.

As for your other question, the biggest gba game is 32mb, but you can "trim" them (remove excess data) using a program like gbata.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over