Hacking Best flashcard for 8gb microsdhc

Godot0102

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've bought a 8gb microsdhc and I'd like to know which cards work well with it. My choice right now is Acekard 2.

I was considering a DSTT but theres an issue with fragmentation , from what i've seen on youtube. R4 v2 only can use 4gb. I liked supercard but I don't like superkey. The other cards I'm not so sure about.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Godot0102 said:
I've bought a 8gb microsdhc and I'd like to know which cards work well with it. My choice right now is Acekard 2.

I was considering a DSTT but theres an issue with fragmentation , from what i've seen on youtube. R4 v2 only can use 4gb. I liked supercard but I don't like superkey. The other cards I'm not so sure about.

R4 cant support 4 gig SDHC. It can support a 4 gig, that's not sdhc (Which used to be sold, but it's nearly impossible to find nowadays). It's also outdated, and isn't worth buying anymore.

What does supercard have to do with superkey? I have a SCDS1 sdhc, and it's no different from other flashkarts, but just better. Also, Supercard can use DSTT as a GUI. Since DSTT and Supercard has a similar hardware, if you put DSTT firmware, along with some other stuff, you can launch DSTT, from the Supercard. Also, it's only 35 dollars from DealExtreme.

DSTT: Fast, and good. There's been some problems, I heard, but nothing major. Make sure you buy from somewhere that gives you a warrenty, just to make sure.

Acekard 2: It's a good, but apparently, it's build quaility's worse than M3 real, it has some problem with some games.

I recommend the EDGE (If you can find it), SCDS1 SDHC or DSTT. Acekard 2 is pretty good, but Urza's review was missing too many stuff. It's still not a bad choice, but there's some stuff they should improve. Also, if you're gonna use SCDS1 SDHC, just find the "How to turn your SCDS1 SDHC into a DSTT" on the supercard forums. Don't worry, it doesn't change permanantly, and you can choose which you want. I'm saying this, because the SCDS1 has some problems with 8 gig micro sdhcs, (I know, because I have one myself) while DSTT doesn't. Buying SCDS1 SDHC is like buying both DSTT, and SCDS1.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm going to recommend the CycloDS Evolution! In my opinion, the build quality is quite good, the interface is really nice (skinnable too although most flash carts can as well) and it can indeed support SDHC.

Godot0102

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercard still uses superkey as a passme from what i've seen. I'd rather have a card that uses a passme. I always had problems booting the supercard with superkey with my old SC.

I may buy locally, it usually takes a long time to receive a card if i order online. Locally I can get edge, cyclo or DSTT. Supercard sold out but if i wait it may be in stock.

If I can find a SCHC I'll buy it. If not, Edge or Cyclo, cyclo looks presentable, edge has more features than cyclo. I'll have to reread the reviews again.

Thanks very much for your opinions and observations on these carts much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1