Best flashcard for 8gb microsdhc

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Godot0102, Apr 2, 2008.

Apr 2, 2008
  1. Godot0102
    OP

Newcomer Godot0102 Advanced Member

United States
    I've bought a 8gb microsdhc and I'd like to know which cards work well with it. My choice right now is Acekard 2.

I was considering a DSTT but theres an issue with fragmentation , from what i've seen on youtube. R4 v2 only can use 4gb. I liked supercard but I don't like superkey. The other cards I'm not so sure about.

2. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    R4 cant support 4 gig SDHC. It can support a 4 gig, that's not sdhc (Which used to be sold, but it's nearly impossible to find nowadays). It's also outdated, and isn't worth buying anymore.

What does supercard have to do with superkey? I have a SCDS1 sdhc, and it's no different from other flashkarts, but just better. Also, Supercard can use DSTT as a GUI. Since DSTT and Supercard has a similar hardware, if you put DSTT firmware, along with some other stuff, you can launch DSTT, from the Supercard. Also, it's only 35 dollars from DealExtreme.

DSTT: Fast, and good. There's been some problems, I heard, but nothing major. Make sure you buy from somewhere that gives you a warrenty, just to make sure.

Acekard 2: It's a good, but apparently, it's build quaility's worse than M3 real, it has some problem with some games.

I recommend the EDGE (If you can find it), SCDS1 SDHC or DSTT. Acekard 2 is pretty good, but Urza's review was missing too many stuff. It's still not a bad choice, but there's some stuff they should improve. Also, if you're gonna use SCDS1 SDHC, just find the "How to turn your SCDS1 SDHC into a DSTT" on the supercard forums. Don't worry, it doesn't change permanantly, and you can choose which you want. I'm saying this, because the SCDS1 has some problems with 8 gig micro sdhcs, (I know, because I have one myself) while DSTT doesn't. Buying SCDS1 SDHC is like buying both DSTT, and SCDS1.

3. CheatingSoi

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    Dont forget about the Cyclo! I just got one, its awesome. Not a fan of the build quality though

4. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I'm going to recommend the CycloDS Evolution! In my opinion, the build quality is quite good, the interface is really nice (skinnable too although most flash carts can as well) and it can indeed support SDHC.

5. Godot0102
    OP

Newcomer Godot0102 Advanced Member

United States
    Supercard still uses superkey as a passme from what i've seen. I'd rather have a card that uses a passme. I always had problems booting the supercard with superkey with my old SC.

I may buy locally, it usually takes a long time to receive a card if i order online. Locally I can get edge, cyclo or DSTT. Supercard sold out but if i wait it may be in stock.

If I can find a SCHC I'll buy it. If not, Edge or Cyclo, cyclo looks presentable, edge has more features than cyclo. I'll have to reread the reviews again.

Thanks very much for your opinions and observations on these carts much appreciated.