Hacking Best ds mode cart to use on 9.2.0-20?

CarefulCrysis

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what is the best ds mode cart to use on 9.2.0-20?

i want to to do a playthrough of every pokemon game on handhelds, from the gb games through to oras and make it the highlight of my new yt channel pkmnnow so i need a ds mode cart that will work on my 9.2.0-20 3ds xl since its the only 3ds i own with a capture card (self installed).

i also need a flash cart that will work on the original game boy advance, i also need to locate someone who can do backlight mods on the gameboy advance and maybe gameboy colour, once i locate the specific one i'm after.

thanks in Advance
psp works wonders for gba/snes and a most of the others :D

gempugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go for the one CarefulCrysis recommends because it is much more cheaper overall and works fine for DS games if you dont need those fancy emulators stuff and seriously, no one is mentioning the build quality of the DSTWO here? If you are having a new 3DS i think u WILL be concerned about the thickness of the DSTWO that is going to grind through your brand new 3ds game card slot, possibly accelerate the wear and tear of it when you shove it inside. go and google about the build quality of the DSTWO, how it heat up, how it drain ur 3ds battery in sleep mode (may also heat up in sleep mode), the contact issue of it, how flimsy the cart is if u are under the circumstance of removing the screw on it to fix the contact issue (easy to flick open and a light drop of the floor, the cart is split into half) if youre playing just ds games, DO NOT buy a DSTWO. the r4 card CarefulCrysis mentioned is already sufficient and the thickness of it is fine just like a original ds game cart (wont grind through the inner walls of the ds game cart slot heavily which wear out the game card slot with a lot more scratches or the cart itself)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The best? DSTwo.
The budget? R4i Gold 3DS.

I'd recommend shelling the extra $10 for the DSTwo, since it is the most future proof in many ways (3DS firmware updates and the following DSTwo updates are a clear indication of this). Otherwise, got for the R4i Gold for the 3DS as it offers the DS compatibility with fantastic features for the price. Only thing that can prevent DS mode flashcarts from working is the system updates.. In any case all current firmware DS mode flashcarts for the 3DS work on older consoles (Nintendo DS/DSi consoles are dirt cheap now).

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i Gold 3DS RTS are good in dsi, I haven't try in 3ds yet but I will do that soon.

I expect to have trouble at least with one of them since is older than the other.
I have asked few times about how can I know if the cards need to be patch or not?

but it seems there is not way of knowing this, weirdly both cards show the same info in the wood 1.64 help.

sys: NDSI 1.45 & 3DS 6.2.0-12 <--- I am guessing that just the standard wood 1.64 info. that will show with any
card version as long as the kernel is the 1.64.

3DS V6.2.0-12 Patch (Aug.6th,2013) < ---- this is the latest patch for those cards.

Then again, not clear indication on how to know if the card needs the patch or not before you try it.
also there is a previous patch, and there is not information if you need that first or can just install latest directly.

The site is a confusing and doesn't show much information. But that patch is the option in having this particular
flashcard working or not in a 3ds. Also if the card is revision C , the patch may or may not work so is by luck with those.
If anyone now more info about this please share.

Reactions: fatboynate

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Lots of places sell them, China too.. Very cheap

mech i found one here, is this a legit shop for flash cards and also can i use a micro sd or do i need a mini sd card?
i know the difference but id rather not have to buy a relic storage card like a mini sd, but i will if its the best option.

thanks for all your support guys :)

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Go for the one CarefulCrysis recommends because it is much more cheaper overall and works fine for DS games if you dont need those fancy emulators stuff and seriously, no one is mentioning the build quality of the DSTWO here? If you are having a new 3DS i think u WILL be concerned about the thickness of the DSTWO that is going to grind through your brand new 3ds game card slot, possibly accelerate the wear and tear of it when you shove it inside. go and google about the build quality of the DSTWO, how it heat up, how it drain ur 3ds battery in sleep mode (may also heat up in sleep mode), the contact issue of it, how flimsy the cart is if u are under the circumstance of removing the screw on it to fix the contact issue (easy to flick open and a light drop of the floor, the cart is split into half) if youre playing just ds games, DO NOT buy a DSTWO. the r4 card CarefulCrysis mentioned is already sufficient and the thickness of it is fine just like a original ds game cart (wont grind through the inner walls of the ds game cart slot heavily which wear out the game card slot with a lot more scratches or the cart itself)

edit: sorry i double posted by mistake.

dude are u mad the psp is a relic its resolutions made its games look lower poly than the original sims on a voodoo gfx card at 800x600 on win 95 lool, and as for the dstwo being bad quality its apparent on this forum and many others that the dstwo is the most superior ds mode cart there is, i mean i haven't seen a r4 playing gba games have you? also i'll take the advice from a fellow nintendo owner over that from a sony sympathiser. now please if you're going to talk about psp take it to the vita forum not the 3ds flashcarts and firmware forum :)

D

Deleted-355425

mech i found one here, is this a legit shop for flash cards and also can i use a micro sd or do i need a mini sd card?
i know the difference but id rather not have to buy a relic storage card like a mini sd, but i will if its the best option.

thanks for all your support guys :)

you will need somthing like a 2gb mini SD card for it,

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
yup, you can get a mini SD adapter and use a micro SD 2gb but ive heard its just easier to use a mini SD

i can get mini sd cards all day long for like 5pounds in 2gb just seems dumb that the guys behind sd even made minis to begin with itsa failed format like hddvd or dual layer i should say lol

gempugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: sorry i double posted by mistake.

dude are u mad the psp is a relic its resolutions made its games look lower poly than the original sims on a voodoo gfx card at 800x600 on win 95 lool, and as for the dstwo being bad quality its apparent on this forum and many others that the dstwo is the most superior ds mode cart there is, i mean i haven't seen a r4 playing gba games have you? also i'll take the advice from a fellow nintendo owner over that from a sony sympathiser. now please if you're going to talk about psp take it to the vita forum not the 3ds flashcarts and firmware forum :)

since when did i talk about the psp stuff? yes, the dstwo, in terms of features is superior over the r4i. for people planning to get an r4i, only get the one from www.r4ids.cn. go and buy a dstwo all you want and you know what i am talking about for its build quality. sure, the dstwo might not cause lasting damage to the game card slot but the physical build quality of the card is just bad, it's a fact that it is poorly constructed. if you have a psp, use it for gba emulation instead of the dstwo. i am here to warn you that the build quality of the dstwo might affect the user experience.. sometimes it needed to be shoved down with some force at an angle to "fix" its contact issues or you need to blow air at it for it to work which are hassles. it heats up and drain the battery of the 3ds more than average when you close the lid down. i would recommend it more for its features but only if the physical build quality of it isnt that bad, at least they could construct the card to fit closely rather than uneven gaps caused by the protrusion of the cpu. now i doubt you will care though since you have the funds to buy a capture chip for the 3ds. but whether you have the funds or not, r4ids.cn is more recommended if you ONLY play ds games. if you just feel like playing emulated games on your 3ds no matter what, get a dstwo, i am listing the cons ("external factors") that might cause negative user experience for you. if you already owned a psp, get r4ids.cn and use the psp for emulation.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
since when did i talk about the psp stuff? yes, the dstwo, in terms of features is superior over the r4i. for people planning to get an r4i, only get the one from www.r4ids.cn. go and buy a dstwo all you want and you know what i am talking about for its build quality. sure, the dstwo might not cause lasting damage to the game card slot but the physical build quality of the card is just bad, it's a fact that it is poorly constructed. if you have a psp, use it for gba emulation instead of the dstwo. i am here to warn you that the build quality of the dstwo might affect the user experience.. sometimes it needed to be shoved down with some force at an angle to "fix" its contact issues or you need to blow air at it for it to work which are hassles. it heats up and drain the battery of the 3ds more than average when you close the lid down. i would recommend it more for its features but only if the physical build quality of it isnt that bad, at least they could construct the card to fit closely rather than uneven gaps caused by the protrusion of the cpu. now i doubt you will care though since you have the funds to buy a capture chip for the 3ds. but whether you have the funds or not, r4ids.cn is more recommended if you ONLY play ds games. if you just feel like playing emulated games on your 3ds no matter what, get a dstwo, i am listing the cons ("external factors") that might cause negative user experience for you. if you already owned a psp, get r4ids.cn and use the psp for emulation.

scratch that, i just got ahold of custom cased ds that looks so awesome the top screen is like a car headrest tv screen and the bottom screen is the tiny ds one and its got a snes controller that u can use as a gamepad its like a ds games console :P and its been dispatched from the us already wooo!

ima just use my blue card now...
edit: ds not 3ds im so used to typing 3ds now :L

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
can someone link me to a list of all the ds mode flashcarts that have been blocked from nintendo's 3ds updates, and, what version they were blocked in?
or, any similar information? thanks, i really appreciate it.
(because i believe i have a way to make any flashcard that used to work on 3ds, work even on new3ds, at least when gw works on it :) )

Isle41

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
can someone link me to a list of all the ds mode flashcarts that have been blocked from nintendo's 3ds updates, and, what version they were blocked in?
or, any similar information? thanks, i really appreciate it.
(because i believe i have a way to make any flashcard that used to work on 3ds, work even on new3ds, at least when gw works on it :) )

http://pongupdates.wordpress.com/flashcards-working-on-3ds/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1