I am not so familiar with the newer types of DPG (there are at least 4 but only DGG0 DPG2 and whatever the newest type is are used) but the general idea is you get the raw video stream (MPG is a crude container like avi), a header, an audio track and an index of the video stream.
The end result is very simple (it is not interleaved or anything)
header -> audio -> video -> index
Your best bet to get the general idea I reckon would be to read the batchDPG source code (the moonshell stuff is OK too but batchDPG reads more easily).
You should also be able to grab the header tools from the package.
Here is my source code (it may not work properly as I was experimenting with a .net free and ogg supporting version but the video part is fairly sound): http://pastebin.com/f22447f3a (should last forever but anyone feel free to hit me up for a reupload.
My compile (hopefully the same source)
You will probably want the lines 11 -29 and the later stuff.
Thanks. But batchdpg uses an older version of the dpg format, so I wanted to make sure I was using settings for the most up to date version so it's the best quality. Also, my batchdpg encoded videos constantly skip when played in moonshell 2.0 (they don't skip in older moonshell)
I use Xilisoft. Only problem is that the sound gets out of sync when I convert from RMVB to DPG. Even if I go from RMVB to AVI using another program, then to DPG, the sound still gets out of sync.
I use a combination of "dpg video editor v1.1" and "batch DPG". With it u can trim, split, add text and view a preview of the video, and u can amplify or delay (both increase and decrease) the sound. And i use all to avi to get rid of audio delay. This combination has never failed me.
I like SUPER because I can fool around and get GOP tables, quality higher than anything I've seen, and it's easy to use (with the exception of the Engrish, which can be fixed with proper knowledge and time...)
By far the best thing I've seen...
EDIT: Great, ad installer? GOD, I had to go through 50+ ads, with different Decline buttons every time...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...