Best desired upcoming games for switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by TheShadowFrag64, Apr 11, 2017.

1. TheShadowFrag64
    OP

TheShadowFrag64 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    What are the switch games that everyone would want to see an updated version of or new release of?

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    ww HD

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Skyward Sword, I guess.
    But I'd much rather have new games.

4. Kikirini

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

May 18, 2011
    United States
    Vermont, USA
    WWHD, TPHD... and I'm sure Skyward Sword will probably get an HD port, too.
    I am hyped over the idea of having all my Zeldas on one device.

5. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    Skyward Sword HD with no motion controls besides for aiming which is optional.. dunno if that's possible..

PacPera and PoppaDre like this.
  6. sTo0z

sTo0z GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2004
    United States
    USA
    Haha, this so much. I've tried to go back and replay SS soooo many times, and each time I just can't stand the controls and quit.

Other than that, the usual Nintendo suspects I'm looking forward to. New Mario, new Smash (PLEASE), MK9 (after dumb MK8DX), etc.

Really want to turn my Switch into a nice local multiplayer mobile gaming device, carry it around and be ready with a ton of local mp games. So any cool mp game that heads our way I'll probably pick up. Waiting for Bomberman price drop..

owek1 likes this.
  7. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    again users wanting a new console to play old ports, save money and get the wii u.

the switch needs new games not more rehashed shite

8. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    i agree with you but if they were to re-release "rehashed shite", at least they remove those motion controls on Skyward Sword and make it totally optional..you will look like an idiot swinging your joy-con in the bus or in public.. and would kill portability since you have to detach parts of the Switch. Other than that, i'm down for brand new games..

9. Retroboy

May 28, 2015
    the motion feature will be removable if they did it, end of the day its just a controller profile config, you'd change what parts are motion control and set to analogue control.

but also looking at file size would be costly which WW HD sits at 20+ GB so it would be one hell of an expensive game.

10. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    What the hell, it's less than 10GB, what are you talking about?

11. Retroboy

May 28, 2015
    compressed versions are out there, but i have a pure dump off the disc itself.

but ok lets say 10GB, still going to be costly for a card of that size.

12. Bonestorm

Bonestorm GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    Skyward Sword and Mario Galaxty 1&2 HD with NO SHITTY MOTION CONTROLS.

Day 1 purchase.

owek1 likes this.
  13. Retroboy

May 28, 2015
    get dolphin and emulate.... i guess y'all could have had HD support from day one if nintendo wasnt cheap and released the wii with hardware to support HD resolutions :P

Subtle Demise likes this.
  14. Bonestorm

Bonestorm GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    I don't emulate stuff, i play my games legit.

I like to support developers, crazy i know.

Although i know you can use the Wii disc with Dolphin.

15. Retroboy

May 28, 2015
    exactly emulation doesn't necessarily mean piracy, tho majority wont backup their own game to emulate.

i tend to emulate older systems for better resolutions and i used to do custom texture packs for the N64 (which i did a better job than nintendont on ocarina and mm) and even started a cell shaded resident evil remake and a hd pack for resident evil 0.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by Retroboy, Apr 11, 2017
    PoppaDre, ov3rkill and owek1 like this.
  16. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I want a ton of games old and new. I definitely want a new first person metroid, star fox game or zero deluxe, bunch of vc and a ton of new ips from Nintendo/3rd party/indie

17. Wiisel

Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 4, 2008
    Pocky & Rocky and some shmup that has a Tate mode in handheld mode even if it would be a twat to hold it would make me happy.

A complete mega man collection.

A new addition to the Wars series (wargroove doesn't count)

Bayonetta 3

Kid Icarus

Kirby's Pinball Land

18. smileyhead

smileyhead I am DEFINITELY a madman with a box.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    Super Mario 64 and/or Super Mario Sunshine

19. Retroboy

May 28, 2015
    everyone slated xbx/ps for having last gen "hd" ports, and rightfully so, you buy a new console to play new games not be littered with games you already own.
    .... fat chance of anything "new" as such, like the wii i bet it will be littered with shovelware based on the joycons bringing the same ole carnival/sport/mini games.
    that is highly likely because we know nintendo love to keep rehashing its titles
    kinda falls into the same category as last gen ports
    not likely, again nintendo will release the same ole titles, mario, mario kart, mario soccer, mario tennis, mario golf, mario "insert activity", maybe a better zelda game not this BOTW crap running aimlessly for 50 hours finding shrines, pokemon, donkey kong (likely rehashed side scroller) super mario bros..... nothing new just revamped
    nothing AAA quality, be very limited if not last gen ports, third parties will test the waters then see its games dont sell as well then move on and again focus mainly on the XBX1/PS4 and move towards scorpio, it might have a good chance of third parties releasing its crap apps that was littered on the 3ds like barbie pony or shit like that
    well not that indie games is enough to keep a console going.

I know you will completely disregard this comment and alot of others wont want to beleive it either, but sorry end of the day you can look back at nintendo and see the exact thing ive put so it been said, nintendo will never change all they care about is one thing and one thing only.

now i would love anything to be wrong, if the switch did start to get the AAA titles it always lacks, but im not counting on it.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  20. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    Unnamed tales game
    Unnamed Fire Emblem game
    Unnamed Kirby game
    Fatal Frame 6
    Pikmin 4
    Xenoblade 2

Nintendo has so many great IPs they could bring to Switch. Wario, Yoshi, Pokken, Advance Wars, Metroid, they could bring many titles from 3DS like Bravely Default, Project X Zone, Monster Hunter, Etrian Odyssey and many many more. I'm overwhelmed by the potential the Switch has.