Best current way to mod my Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zackfiles, Dec 20, 2011.

Dec 20, 2011
  1. zackfiles
    OP

Newcomer zackfiles Advanced Member

Canada
    Hi guys!

I'm wondering how I can mod my Wii to allow the latest games/channels/apps to work. I know the Wii has been out for quite a few years now, so I was hoping an experienced community like you guys could help me mod mine. I saw the guide xzzero made (the sticked "Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below", but it was written in 2009... I was hoping there was a more current way of doing this, seeing as how new games and Wii programs have such extreme anti-piracy.

Would it still be possible for my Wii to go online after being modded? I was hoping that I could get into using the Wiishop/News/Weather channel, and use online multiplayer for the games.

I'm also hoping that modding my Wii doesn't make it so that touching the wrong button leads to a brick, because I have a couple of younger siblings that play with it as well. Although they understand not to tamper with deep system files, there may accedentaly misclick a button on the Wii Menu Screen and unknowingly change something important. Modding the Wii won't make anything super delicate like this, will it?

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yeah, your Wii can go online after being modded. Use ModMii to hack/update it.

And no, modding it won't make it super delicate. If anything, modding it gives you the option to block accidental updates.

3. zackfiles
    OP

Newcomer zackfiles Advanced Member

Canada
    Awesome!!! Modding, here I come!!! Thanks Lacius!!

So ModMii is all I need?
    No super-extensive guide?

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Correct. Just follow ModMii's instructions.

1 person likes this.