Hacking Best Card for movies?

.Eric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I would like a flashcard to use with mostly movies. I would do no GBA Roms, MAYBE only a few NDS roms. I'd like to do mostly homebrew and movies.
Are the new Slot-1 devices best for me?
Or should I get a m3 lite pro?
Or are the slot cards not too good for movies yet and I'd be better off getting an Ipod Video?

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best quality movies would be with the Play-Yan Micro if you want to watch movies on your NDS. None of the flashcarts for the NDS can compare to the Play-Yan video and sound quality.
grog.gif

And if you're really into watching movies on the go, get an iPod or other stand-alone device.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Provided your cart supports moonshell it should be all good, DS video is medium bitrate MPEG1 but I have perfectly watchable video of everything from clay animation to skateboarding videos. Whatever happens get yourself a decent quality memory card to go with it.

@assassinz http://www.ds-video.com/ might be worth a look

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP FTL! Moonshell ownz. Just get a flashcart that supports moonshell. I dont really think a more expensive memory card would make the performance better. I have a Dane-Elec MicroSD and I dont think a SanDisk x80 blah blah blah would make the video look much better.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't bother with the DS for movies as the qualitys poor. Try to pick up a cheap second hand PSP or another video player.

Ever heard of BatchDPG? The videos encoded with that are fantastic quality, and the guys that are working on it (LS5 and Firon) keep making it better and better. You can get the latest stable release here. As a reply to the OP, it uses Moonshell, so it should work on any decent flash cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: