Best Card for movies?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by .Eric, Dec 12, 2006.

Dec 12, 2006

Best Card for movies? by .Eric at 12:06 PM (908 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. .Eric
    OP

Newcomer .Eric Member

United States
    Well I would like a flashcard to use with mostly movies. I would do no GBA Roms, MAYBE only a few NDS roms. I'd like to do mostly homebrew and movies.
    Are the new Slot-1 devices best for me?
    Or should I get a m3 lite pro?
    Or are the slot cards not too good for movies yet and I'd be better off getting an Ipod Video?

2. assassinz

Member assassinz Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!

United States
    The best quality movies would be with the Play-Yan Micro if you want to watch movies on your NDS. None of the flashcarts for the NDS can compare to the Play-Yan video and sound quality. [​IMG]

And if you're really into watching movies on the go, get an iPod or other stand-alone device.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Provided your cart supports moonshell it should be all good, DS video is medium bitrate MPEG1 but I have perfectly watchable video of everything from clay animation to skateboarding videos. Whatever happens get yourself a decent quality memory card to go with it.

@assassinz http://www.ds-video.com/ might be worth a look

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't bother with the DS for movies as the qualitys poor. Try to pick up a cheap second hand PSP or another video player.

5. ghettobob

Member ghettobob GBAtemp Regular

United States
    PSP FTL! Moonshell ownz. Just get a flashcart that supports moonshell. I dont really think a more expensive memory card would make the performance better. I have a Dane-Elec MicroSD and I dont think a SanDisk x80 blah blah blah would make the video look much better.

6. .Eric
    OP

Newcomer .Eric Member

United States
    So if I get say a Ninjapass X9 or Supercard lite movies will work fine?

7. Bowser128

Member Bowser128 King Koopa

United Kingdom

Ever heard of BatchDPG? The videos encoded with that are fantastic quality, and the guys that are working on it (LS5 and Firon) keep making it better and better. You can get the latest stable release here. As a reply to the OP, it uses Moonshell, so it should work on any decent flash cart.