Best and worst RPG Battle Music?

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gonna start naming songs but

Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, FFIX, and Valkyrie Profile FTW when it comes to best music

The entire Tales series, Golden Sun, and Xenogears for the worst (Tales and Xenogears don't really have bad music, but the devs don't have the same kind of tact as the devs at, say, Square or Atlus do, meaning that you hear music that doesn't fit the situation all too often in those games. Golden Sun has some of the most overrated cheesy tunes in the genre.)

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see 'battle' music at the top.

My picks still work though. Might as well get rid of a few of the Tales games from the 'worst' list (some of 'em have pretty catchy battle music).

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger
wub.gif

And FF IX

Dunno about the worst battle music :/

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Trisection and Backfire from FFT (standard battle theme) Now that's what I call tactical battle song! Thrilling yet smooth and calming

Worst? FFIX Last Battle (Extreme), not only it's monotone, it actually makes my fingers hurt while playing it in VOS, bastard....

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always loved 'Decisive Battle' in FF6. There is a few more I like, but they have already been mentioned.
ohmy.gif

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I love the final fantasy 7 mini boss theme *head bangs*

Posts merged

Louisiana said:
To everyone writing about Twilight Princess: Since when is Zelda an RPG?

....Since always?

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
My personal favorite might just be Battle Against Culex from Super Mario RPG, that in a manner it's almost the same as Battle 2 of Final Fantasy IV. I just love that battle theme so much. The Mother series also had some astouding battle music in all of its three games.

My personal dislikes... well, I really despise Final Fantasy VI main battle's theme for some reason, and this has held me back from making another playthough quite a few times. I guess the music ITSELF isn't bad, but... I dunno, personally, I absolutely know I can't stand it.
Golden Sun's battle themes felt pretty annoying to me, as well.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
There's a lot of good ones, I can't really think of any bad ones.

In terms of good ones that come to mind, I can only think of two at the moment.

Burn My Dread -Last Battle- - Persona 3
Battle With Gilgamesh - FF V

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worst. Popolcrois I, import PSX, any of the battle themes. They sound good at first, but loop after 15 or so seconds. Drove me insane!

Best for me is "The Extreme" from Final Fantasy VIII. Really makes me want to fight an epic battle. Another winner is "Sealed" from Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. Simply amazing, yet quite short, and hardly much of a battle, but damn, its one of the best fight themes ever made IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hands nipples pees and camel toes?