Best and Most Reliable Flashcard for 3DS Games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DimensionD, Sep 2, 2018.

1. DimensionD
    OP

DimensionD Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    Hello,

What's the best flashcard for playing 3DS games on an Original 3DS w/ a firmware at ver 3.0.0-6?

So I would like some recommandations on this and also would like to know where to buy non-fake and non-clone flashcard from a reliable website.

I looked a little bit at the cards offered and it seems that Sky3DS/Sky3DS+ are quite reliable, Stargate 3DS sounds nice too but doesn't seem as reliable and has never received a firmware update so far.

And no I don't want to hack my console with cfw and other such things, I just want a non-hacking plug and play solution that won't brick my console.

Last edited by DimensionD, Sep 2, 2018
  2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    And why don't you just hack it and play games for free?

3. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    It won't brick your console, and it's much cheaper. Trust me, i hacked a total of 13 3DSes so far for friends.

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    The 3ds are pretty much brick proof these day with NTRBoothax, so there is nothing to worry, beside those two brand of cards cost like $100.

5. DimensionD
    OP

DimensionD Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    Guys I just said I don't want to hack my console. I want plug and play, NOT hack and play :).

I know and I don't mind, 100 bucks to play almost every game, is still better than buying original copies and paying 50 bucks per game. I just need to know which is the best 3DS flashcard to play 3DS games on my firmware.

kosterix likes this.
  6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If you hack it you get all the games for free, Sky3DS and Stargate has it limitation, as for like save file, most people have Cia format games, where Sky3ds and Stargate use 3ds rom format so it will be a lot harder if you want to edit save.

7. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    The thing is once you hack it it won't be hack and play, it'll just be play.

8. DimensionD
    OP

DimensionD Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    I won't be editing save files, like ever. I'll basically be using the flashcart as if it was an original card, except like an original card that could play multiple games. I'll only be using .3ds format files from No-Intro batch.

I just want to know which flashcart is the least dangerous for my console, with the least issues and highest perormance.

9. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    You won't be able to play many games on 3.0.0, most require an update. You shouldn't play online with ROMs since they require a header that ROMs from the internet won't have.

Sky3DS+:
    -Supports all 3DS games
    -Can't be used for NTRBoot

Stargate 3DS:
    - Supports DS games
    - Supports NTRBoot - can be used later to install a CFW
    - DS mode is kinda shitty
    - There are a few very reecent games that it doesn't support

DimensionD likes this.
  10. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Probably Sky3DS+, but you are limited to what you can play on 3.0.0, so you still needs to update.

DimensionD likes this.
  11. DimensionD
    OP

DimensionD Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    Wait, what? Won't playing 3DS ROMS on a flashcart allow me to bypass this?

12. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    No, most games has minimum firmware they can run on.

DimensionD likes this.
  13. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    No, because it doesn't patch the system. And many games will require stuff that wasn't added back in 3.0
    What you see on the outside of updates is just a small part of what is truly updated.

DimensionD likes this.
  14. DimensionD
    OP

DimensionD Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    So no matter what I do I'll have to update the firmware if I want to be able to play all 3DS games that were released in 2012-2018? Is there absolutely NO way to get around this? If so what would be the best, to update from online or to update from a an official cartridge?

15. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    The best would be to update online to latest version and instead of spending 80 or more dollars for a flashcart hack your 3ds by buying a 3 dollars game. That way you can stay updated and play every game.

16. DimensionD
    OP

DimensionD Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    I like never connect online (this is why it's still on 3.0.0) and I don't plan on playing online nor connect online to go to the eshop, but if I just select "system update" in the menu and update the firmware from there, can Nintendo still ban/disable or render my console inoperable from connecting online real quick trough the "system update" function?

17. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    If you just update, no. There have been NO bans for just going online with digital download, even if recently they gained the ability to detect so. What CAN ban you for sure, is going online with a game before it's released (i.e. Pokèmon Ultra sun/moon) but there won't be anymore, so yea you are safe. System updates will never ban you.

DimensionD likes this.
  18. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    There haven't been any ban yet on 11.8, they only change the way how they detect if a game was legally purchase or not when the game is installing, for Freeshop and ticket related stuff.

DimensionD likes this.
  19. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    Okay, then there are no risk for bans.

DimensionD likes this.
  20. DimensionD
    OP

DimensionD Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    Okay, thanks guys!