GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ceduriki said:
you can never go wrong with ninja gaiden.

Definitely not. Probably my current favorite game on the system. That said, this Ninja Gaiden is pretty much straight-up action. However, the TC mentioned Soma Bringer and ToI....

Adventure?

To me, the best "adventure" games on the DS are probably Phantom Hourglass and Resident Evil: Deadly Silence. Of course, others will tell you Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk and the like are adventure games, but I never felt like I was on an adventure playing them. Great games, but a bit too passive to be considered by me as adventures. REDS, though, probably fits the bill best, with what's on this system.

blade666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah i heard a lot about phoenix wright uts a loyer game i tought it was stupid but the i tought if everybody says it good then i am going to chek it out i now have al 4 the games and its totaly awsome dude!
tongue.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ceduriki said:
Jax said:
Try Magical Starsign, a great RPG.

eh....dunno about that.
ditto.

FFCC Ring of Fates? as it sounds like you're really interested in action RPGs (ARPGs slightly heavier on RPG aspects than action0adventures).

There were some other fantasy type ARPGs, and action-adventures for the DS and more for the GBA (ATM) but I don't recall all of the names offhand as neither are my favorite genres.

Phoenix Wright series, Hotel Dusk, etc. are closer to more "traditional" graphical adventure games, but have fewer options, typically, than Windows based adventure games, but can still be fun. Stay away from the Myst re-make unless you are a masochist as they did a poor porting job, the controls are horrible and the graphics were not remade to accomodate a lower resolution physically smaller screen well.

Cheesemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The phoenix wright series.

Probably some of the best games I've ever played.

If you want the full experience you need to play all 3 though. Forget about 4 until you beat all 3.

ceduriki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ace attorney games ARE really good, but not action or adventure. ffcc ring of fates is a good game though (if you don't get moogles of death that is). multiplayer is awesome.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
ceduriki said:

Definitely not. Probably my current favorite game on the system. That said, this Ninja Gaiden is pretty much straight-up action. However, the TC mentioned Soma Bringer and ToI....

Adventure?

To me, the best "adventure" games on the DS are probably Phantom Hourglass and Resident Evil: Deadly Silence. Of course, others will tell you Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk and the like are adventure games, but I never felt like I was on an adventure playing them. Great games, but a bit too passive to be considered by me as adventures. REDS, though, probably fits the bill best, with what's on this system.

I never thought you'd forget Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker.
Brilliant game, kind of liek pokeymanz but slightly different and in full 3d.

Other than that try the Megaman Star Force series/Battle Network.

D

Deleted User

xcalibur said:
irpacynot said:
ceduriki said:

Adventure?

I never thought you'd forget Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker.
Brilliant game, kind of liek pokeymanz but slightly different and in full 3d.

Other than that try the Megaman Star Force series/Battle Network.

Agreed! Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker is amazing.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
If you want a true "adventure game" I would recommend downloading ScummVM DS and playing Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle.

If you want an RPG, check out Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, Etrian Odyssey and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter