Best 3D optimized game

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by jhazicalization, Feb 18, 2015.

1. jhazicalization
    OP

jhazicalization Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    Guys what game can you suggest which best shows and make use the 3D effect efficiently? Example less lags or slowing down with 3D slider in maximum. Planning to show it to a friend to encourage him to buy and also play a 3DS.

2. vectorsquad

vectorsquad Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    Cagayan de Oro City
    If he plans on getting the N3DS, get him to play Pokemon games (x/y and/or ruby/sapphire), and also Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance .

3. thtl1999

thtl1999 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2008
    for game, i think DOA is most 3D friendly game. but to show 3D works, it is better to show him a 3D video. you can find some in youtube

4. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    Now that I played with my New 3DS XL for few days all I can say is that regular 3DS stereo-3D is rubbish. Now I can actually play games when using stereo-3D just like I do with my PC and Plasma from time to time.
    I would also like to note that having slider on low or full doesn't make any other change than adjust depth of image to users comfort level - some won't see anything unless slider is on top and some get eye strain from same level.

I know what not to get: Virtue's Last Reward.
    Outside save corrupting bugs, stereoscopic 3D is simply unuseable. Only thing working is actual character models, outside of that many enviroments, images and cutscenes are simply moved as whole to left and right, meaning part of image is hidden while black bar is put on the other side, which again means 2D image is simply moved little bit to the back but also gives huge eye strain when there's data missing.
    Tried Vita version afterwards and that's definitely the version to get for that game.

Usually games using 3D graphics and are done exlusively for 3DS have pretty good stereoscopic mode. However best one I have experienced is actually with Mighty Switch Force, because everything is on clear layer so it looks good and slightly helps to focus on layer where everything is happening. 3D Land also has pretty good 3D but 3D broke too often for me on old XL so I played it in 2D.

DOA problem is that frame rate is halved with 3D on, which on fighting game is kinda bad tradeoff. Most demanding games usually have these tradeoffs as stereo-3D does require some horsepower, most games usually add antialiasing on 2D mode.

5. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    I actually enjoyed the 3D in Majora's Mask.

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  6. jhazicalization
    OP

jhazicalization Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    Played those Pokemon games ang the 3D effect makes the frame rate drop badly, not played KHDD yet so yeah I will try later. My friend is considering buying a vita so I am trying to change his mind by showing off the 3DS capabilities.

3D video from youtube, is this via the app or I can download and put in the microSD card? I will use my new 3ds xl because of the stable 3D, but I did not yet go online with it so no app downloaded yet also, avoiding the firmware update :)

7. vectorsquad

vectorsquad Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    Cagayan de Oro City
    Vita maybe > 3DS for some but...

N3DS > Vita. It's has a quad-core CPU I believe, so it's less laggy.

8. temptemp

temptemp Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    Italy
    Titles with optimized 3D? Mario Land 3D of course!

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    MH4U looks astonishing in 3D.
    The N3DS is leagues behind the Vita specs-wise, but I don't see how that's relevant in this thread.

TheCasketMan likes this.
  10. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Project X Zone's special attacks make the best use of 3D I've seen on the 3DS. So many crazy attacks and the camera spinning around the characters... pretty cool.

But really 3D gets old super fast. I turn 3D on just for looking at these best parts of the games I play.

11. Wowfunhappy

Wowfunhappy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2008
    United States
    I've play EVERYTHING in 3D, and I've played a LOT of 3DS games:

Kid Icarus Uprising is the best, IMO. I'm still amazed every time I first boot it up.

SLiV3R likes this.
  12. spyro3dsguy

spyro3dsguy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 28, 2011
    Canada
    He meant the quad-core processor fixes the issues of the originals, upping the appeal.

13. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    But it lags sometimes in 3D and in 2D is a bit smoother anyway.

14. lpchaim

lpchaim Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2013
    Brazil
    The best I've seen performance wise is definitely Mario Kart 7. Doesn't lose any of its 60 fps glory when switching to 3D, quite impressive.
    And I agree with Kid Icarus Uprising, especially the flying sections. It really works IF you manage to keep your eyes on the sweetspot or have a N3DS.
    As for gameplay purposes, Super Mario 3D Land also did well in integrating it meaningfully for the most part.

15. OneUp

OneUp GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2008
    United States
    A Link Between Worlds had some neat 3D effects that made it easy to distinguish what was above/below you. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask do a good job on 3D. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance has a really good 3D effect as well.

16. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    Starfox 3D in multiplayer mode it's awesome, the best in my opinion.

17. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    Mii Puzzle swap :) I have completed 35 panels and that is my 'demo' for other people!

Maximilious and Lucifer666 like this.
  18. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    RE: Revelations. Best graphics on 3DS and you can also set the 3D even deeper.

19. TheCasketMan

TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

Sep 3, 2011
    United States
    Orlando, FL

Nice graphics, but the 3d has too much ghosting IMO.

20. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It doesn't though, it's very much like DS MODE on the DSi sort of deal. Old games perform about as well as they used to on the old system, I did notice that loading is faster though.