Gaming Best 3D optimized game

jhazicalization

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys what game can you suggest which best shows and make use the 3D effect efficiently? Example less lags or slowing down with 3D slider in maximum. Planning to show it to a friend to encourage him to buy and also play a 3DS.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Guys what game can you suggest which best shows and make use the 3D effect efficiently? Example less lags or slowing down with 3D slider in maximum. Planning to show it to a friend to encourage him to buy and also play a 3DS.

Now that I played with my New 3DS XL for few days all I can say is that regular 3DS stereo-3D is rubbish. Now I can actually play games when using stereo-3D just like I do with my PC and Plasma from time to time.
I would also like to note that having slider on low or full doesn't make any other change than adjust depth of image to users comfort level - some won't see anything unless slider is on top and some get eye strain from same level.

I know what not to get: Virtue's Last Reward.
Outside save corrupting bugs, stereoscopic 3D is simply unuseable. Only thing working is actual character models, outside of that many enviroments, images and cutscenes are simply moved as whole to left and right, meaning part of image is hidden while black bar is put on the other side, which again means 2D image is simply moved little bit to the back but also gives huge eye strain when there's data missing.
Tried Vita version afterwards and that's definitely the version to get for that game.

Usually games using 3D graphics and are done exlusively for 3DS have pretty good stereoscopic mode. However best one I have experienced is actually with Mighty Switch Force, because everything is on clear layer so it looks good and slightly helps to focus on layer where everything is happening. 3D Land also has pretty good 3D but 3D broke too often for me on old XL so I played it in 2D.

for game, i think DOA is most 3D friendly game. but to show 3D works, it is better to show him a 3D video. you can find some in youtube

DOA problem is that frame rate is halved with 3D on, which on fighting game is kinda bad tradeoff. Most demanding games usually have these tradeoffs as stereo-3D does require some horsepower, most games usually add antialiasing on 2D mode.

jhazicalization

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he plans on getting the N3DS, get him to play Pokemon games (x/y and/or ruby/sapphire), and also Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance .

Played those Pokemon games ang the 3D effect makes the frame rate drop badly, not played KHDD yet so yeah I will try later. My friend is considering buying a vita so I am trying to change his mind by showing off the 3DS capabilities.

for game, i think DOA is most 3D friendly game. but to show 3D works, it is better to show him a 3D video. you can find some in youtube

3D video from youtube, is this via the app or I can download and put in the microSD card? I will use my new 3ds xl because of the stable 3D, but I did not yet go online with it so no app downloaded yet also, avoiding the firmware update :)

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Project X Zone's special attacks make the best use of 3D I've seen on the 3DS. So many crazy attacks and the camera spinning around the characters... pretty cool.

But really 3D gets old super fast. I turn 3D on just for looking at these best parts of the games I play.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've play EVERYTHING in 3D, and I've played a LOT of 3DS games:

Kid Icarus Uprising is the best, IMO. I'm still amazed every time I first boot it up.

Reactions: SLiV3R

lpchaim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The best I've seen performance wise is definitely Mario Kart 7. Doesn't lose any of its 60 fps glory when switching to 3D, quite impressive.
And I agree with Kid Icarus Uprising, especially the flying sections. It really works IF you manage to keep your eyes on the sweetspot or have a N3DS.
As for gameplay purposes, Super Mario 3D Land also did well in integrating it meaningfully for the most part.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A Link Between Worlds had some neat 3D effects that made it easy to distinguish what was above/below you. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask do a good job on 3D. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance has a really good 3D effect as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all