Hacking Before I buy a PSP

Keichi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so with the coming of Crisis Core in a few weeks I think it's time I finally purchase a PSP. Problem is I want customize/mod/hack my psp so it can play ps1 games and watch movies and all that. So do I just randomly go to a gamestop, buy a psp and then configure it or do I have to buy a certain psp?

I know this is possible because I've seen videos and also my brother had a hacked psp before. The only thing I remember him telling me is that I need a ver. 1.5 or something and he also told me that the new psp's can't be hacked/modded. So any help would be appreciated. I know I'm probably stupid for posting this up but I am totally new to this and I just want to get my money's worth.
smile.gif

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try doing a little searching around here first before posting... The only PSP you can buy new now is a slim and believe me you are about the 5000th person to come here brand new looking to mod their whatever asking the same questions that have already been beaten to death.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
New psp's are "hackable". You just homebrew enabled psp to make battery called "pandora's battery" which allows you to install cfw on it.
With older psp's you most likely don't need it, because there's other ways to downgrade it.
Also the new slim & lite psp can't even go back to 1.5FW because it doesn't have 1.5 kernel.
http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guide...uide-90916.html
There's a pretty good guide for starters. etc.

Keichi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies and the links chaps. I will be reading them intensely until I purchase my psp in a few weeks.
bow.gif

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just follow the guide BakuFunn post above. Thats what I used, it's simple!

Oh yeah, if you don't want to mod your own battery, you can buy the Datel Tool Battery, it's ready to go. Get the 'fat' one so you can use it on a 'fat' or 'slim'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...