Been Out The Loop For a While...

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Bart Lemming, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Bart Lemming
    OP

Bart Lemming Gēmu Bōi mikuro

Feb 25, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Mute City
    I really want to get a DSi XL. The problem I have is that I've been out the loop for a while and I'm not sure of the best way to go. I know there's lots of info here but there's just too much to glean simple answers to my questions so I thought I'd just ask outright.

Is the DSTWO compatible with all DSi XL's? If not, which ones should I avoid?

Also, is the GBA emulation any good? Is it still being worked on? I notice that most threads I've found regarding GBA emulation are from last year...

Basically, I want my cake and I want to eat it! Is this possible these days?

Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. Nujui

Nujui I need something to do.

Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    Dreamland.
    Yes, the DSTwo works on all DSI XLS.

GBA emu is ok, It won't be as fast on the Slot 1 and plus it will drain your battery life quicker.

3. Dter ic

Dter ic ~

Feb 19, 2009
    there's no slot-2 on a DSi/XL

4. Nujui

Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    Dreamland.
    Durr on me [​IMG].

5. Bart Lemming
    OP

Feb 25, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Mute City
    So there's no issue with DSi firmwares, then? That's good to know. [​IMG]

The GBA emulation is 'ok'? Does that mean that most games work but suffer from slow down or is it more that compatibility is ok but not perfect?

The games I'm most interested in are the F-Zero games and Kirby games. Does anyone have experience of these games on the DSTWO?

Again, thanks. [​IMG]

6. Nujui

Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    Dreamland.
    It means that you will not get the best of speeds. Most games work, but are better off played on a slot 2, though since you're getting a DSIXL that's out of the question.

And if you like long battery lifes, that will suffer from it because the GBA emu uses the extra CPU the card has, which will require more power.

7. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    using the GBA emulator you get approximately 2/3 the battery life you would normally get with a commercial cartridge

8. Bart Lemming
    OP

Feb 25, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Mute City
    I'm not so bothered about battery life. It's more the actual performance of the emulation that concerns me. I mean, F-Zero needs 60 fps or thereabouts to feel any good. And there's nothing worse than slow-down while jumping in a platformer. [​IMG]