Homebrew Been out of the Scene for 8 months.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
After exiting from System settings, you are put into OFW SysNand. Just either reboot and use Menuhax or use Sliderhax to boot Luma into RedNand then update from there
THanks did that and im now on Part 4 :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did the guide just fine with emunand. In fact the guide itself says if you already have emunand it will still work.

I should mention that the guide is made so that you can go from a completely clean 9.2 to al9h with no issue. Read the main page.
Yes but I just wanted to be 100% safe you know?

Reactions: Ricken

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
ok i downgraded RedNand to 2.1.0 but when i open Luma it just stays black did I do something wrong?

Wait its not meant to load right? Since CFW doesnt support 2.1.0 the GUide is talking about reboot into SysNAND and make sure it goes to the main menu right?

Also in Part 5:

Section I - Preparatory work
  1. Copy emergency_SecureInfo_A, emergency_movable.sed, emergency_title.db,emergency_ticket.db, NCSD_header_[o/n]3ds.bin, and firm0firm1.xorpad from the root of your SD card to a safe location on your computer and back them up to multiple locations (such as online file storage); they do not replace NAND backups, but in the event of lost backups could save you from total data loss (after further research and development is completed)
Where the fuck do I get these files from they are not in my SD cards root.

Another question

Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax
  1. Reinsert your SD card into your 2.1.0 3DS
  2. Go to http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS
Literally like 2 more steps later it will say "
  1. Following this, booting to a black screen is normal (Luma3DS cannot boot a 2.1.0 NAND)." then how am I meant to go onto my Luma CFW (RedNAND) to go to that website to install Arm9?
Wuttt?

Really confused if anyone can tell me what I need to do for Section 2 that be sweet!

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question

Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax
  1. Reinsert your SD card into your 2.1.0 3DS
  2. Go to http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS
Literally like 2 more steps later it will say "
  1. Following this, booting to a black screen is normal (Luma3DS cannot boot a 2.1.0 NAND)." then how am I meant to go onto my Luma CFW (RedNAND) to go to that website to install Arm9?
Wuttt?
Details aside, after installing A9LH you are able to launch Hourglass9 upon boot and restore a backup of higher firmware.

RedNand is cloned to SysNand so you can launch 2.1, but I'm guessing you already figured that out (So you use need Luma to boot into 2.1)
I'm also guessing you figured out those files you didn't have weren't necessities, but I honestly dunno when those files are made

Last edited by Ricken,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Details aside, after installing A9LH you are able to launch Hourglass9 upon boot and restore a backup of higher firmware.

RedNand is cloned to SysNand so you can launch 2.1, but I'm guessing you already figured that out (So you use need Luma to boot into 2.1)
I'm also guessing you figured out those files you didn't have weren't necessities, but I honestly dunno when those files are made
What? Im confused like i have still a 9.2.0 sysnand and my rednand is 2.1.0 im at the bottom of https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade) with part 5 files on the SD card but I still dont know wtf the emegergency_SecureInfoA etc is as I still dont have them

Am I forgetting something? I followed all the steps

K

KingpinSlim

Have you been gone so long from the scene that you don't remember reading stickies in the relevant forums?

K

KingpinSlim

Im reading from the Wiki itself m8 If your not gonna be helpful [INSERT RANDOM CURSE WORD HERE] off

I would advise you to rework that post.
Sadly there are children on this forum and i would hate losing a member as valuable as you are.

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? Im confused like i have still a 9.2.0 sysnand and my rednand is 2.1.0 im at the bottom of https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade) with part 5 files on the SD card but I still dont know wtf the emegergency_SecureInfoA etc is as I still dont have them

Am I forgetting something? I followed all the steps
Oh now I get it. Those "Mystery" files are generated by OTPHelper after you use its One Click Setup
OCS clones RedNand to SysNand so you can launch 2.1 without using a CFW

have any more questions on this?

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Oh now I get it. Those "Mystery" files are generated by OTPHelper after you use its One Click Setup
OCS clones RedNand to SysNand so you can launch 2.1 without using a CFW

have any more questions on this?
Thanks! I forgot to even do that Idk how I must of had those glasses on again xD

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Thanks everyone got it setup perfect and damn this thing boots waaay faster with a 100% boot rate too :D
ClYBoQDUoAQc6wa.jpg:large

Last edited by PRAGMA,

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks everyone got it setup perfect and damn this thing boots waaay faster with a 100% boot rate too :D
ClYBoQDUoAQc6wa.jpg:large
looking good, I suggest installing either star updater(recommended) or luma updater. That way you can update your cfw straight from your 3ds.

I also suggest downloading ciangel and free shop so can install games directly from your 3ds no need for that ISO site

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome back @ShinyMK i remember you vaguely from when you where first here but slightly confused as you say you have been out the seen for 8 months yet you only joined the site less than 7 months ago lol???
lol, he's been out more like 6 months. I entered the scene back when 10.5 was latest (sometime in January) (I stayed on 10.3 for legit .cias :P) and his system specs in his sig suggest that he left when 10.3 was latest (his EmuNand Firmware) which was back in January XD

@ShinyMK congrats on A9LH! enjoy the permahax :P

Reactions: AmandaRose

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
looking good, I suggest installing either star updater(recommended) or luma updater. That way you can update your cfw straight from your 3ds.

I also suggest downloading ciangel and free shop so can install games directly from your 3ds no need for that ISO site
May I ask what the difference between Luma Updater and Star Updater? I currently have Luma updater and it seems to work fine.

Welcome back @ShinyMK i remember you vaguely from when you where first here but slightly confused as you say you have been out the seen for 8 months yet you only joined the site less than 7 months ago lol???
Lol yh it was just an exaggeration xD

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember back in my day. We didn't need any of this rednand sh*t, we made an emunand, downgraded it, and flashed it. I've done that to 4 3ds's and i never got a brick. So much quicker and easier too. With enough preparations starting with a 9.2 console, i managed to install it twice in around an hour.

EDIT: please dont take this seriously, it's a joke. True but a joke

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
i remember back in my day. We didn't need any of this rednand sh*t, we made an emunand, downgraded it, and flashed it. I've done that to 4 3ds's and i never got a brick. So much quicker and easier too. With enough preparations starting with a 9.2 console, i managed to install it twice in around an hour.

EDIT: please dont take this seriously, it's a joke. True but a joke
... RedNAND is literally EmuNAND but smaller! :P

(I know it's a joke :) )

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
May I ask what the difference between Luma Updater and Star Updater? I currently have Luma updater and it seems to work fine.

Lol yh it was just an exaggeration xD
Star updater is able to updated itself also. So it can update your arm9loaderhax.bin(cfw) and it can upgrade the app itself (star updater)

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I don't think anything spectacular has happened last 8 months. You know about Retroarch? Otherwise there is nothing new or cool. You haven't missed anything :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?