Hacking Question Been away for over a year not sure how to get caught up.

ingsoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch at firmware 4.1, currently running ReiNX 6.0.0 and I have AutoRCM enabled.

Not really sure where things are at in the scene today. I've done a little reading and it's not clear to me if Atmosphere is a complete replacement system capable of running retail games as well as homebrew.

What options do I have right now and how should I proceed? I'd like to get fully updated so I can forget about it for another year lol.

I apologize for this kind of question. While there is a LOT of info on how to do specific things, doing a firmware update from 4.1 to <whatever> and getting fully caught up from awhile ago doesn't seem like a common subject. Either people seem to be starting from scratch or are focused on staying up-to-date as things change.

Thank you very much!

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch at firmware 4.1, currently running ReiNX 6.0.0 and I have AutoRCM enabled.

Not really sure where things are at in the scene today. I've done a little reading and it's not clear to me if Atmosphere is a complete replacement system capable of running retail games as well as homebrew.

What options do I have right now and how should I proceed? I'd like to get fully updated so I can forget about it for another year lol.

I apologize for this kind of question. While there is a LOT of info on how to do specific things, doing a firmware update from 4.1 to <whatever> and getting fully caught up from awhile ago doesn't seem like a common subject. Either people seem to be starting from scratch or are focused on staying up-to-date as things change.

Thank you very much!
I recommend
1. make a nand backup
2. snag latest kosmos with sig patches and get rid of reinx
3. update sysnand with choidujour

if you want emunand your steps are gonna be a little different, but it's only important if you wanna go online with legit games and you 1. aren't banned and 2 have a clean nand backup somewhere

atmosphere is a full fledged cfw and you can do everything on it

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ingsoc

ingsoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool - nice consensus between first two posts. I've kept my switch on airplane mode to alleviate any system updates. Once I'm on Kosmos, can I run it back on my wifi without having it harass me?

@Hayato213
@x65943

Reactions: x65943

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool - nice consensus between first two posts. I've kept my switch on airplane mode to alleviate any system updates. Once I'm on Kosmos, can I run it back on my wifi without having it harass me?

@Hayato213
@x65943
If you have a dirty nand and you aren't banned, use 90dns to keep it that way.

You cannot go online with a hacked console - it's asking for a ban.

As I mentioned you could use emunand with a clean and backup to get around that.

Of course if you are banned already, then by all means turn on wifi.

ingsoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a dirty nand and you aren't banned, use 90dns to keep it that way.

You cannot go online with a hacked console - it's asking for a ban.

As I mentioned you could use emunand with a clean and backup to get around that.

Of course if you are banned already, then by all means turn on wifi.

I'm not banned but I don't intend to play online either. Having wifi on would be more of a convenience for me as I think some of the tools allow for managing or uploading to the switch over the network. It'd be entirely for that use.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not banned but I don't intend to play online either. Having wifi on would be more of a convenience for me as I think some of the tools allow for managing or uploading to the switch over the network. It'd be entirely for that use.
In that case use 90dns - it will block all the Nintendo stuff and allow you to use all your homebrew stuff

Reactions: ingsoc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.