Hacking Be SURE To Block Updates!

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dont consider this begging for it just a fair observation to point out for the devs (losing interest in waiting and gaining opportunities to buy 5.3.2 myself) :
if this update DOESNT patch the sploits or they don't release a update at all, wouldnt it still be wise to release them at this point?
The whole idea behind not releasing it yet was to make sure it's accessible to as many people as possible by widening the range of supported firmwares, but think again about that "most possible people" part:
With the amount of care and patience for the 5.5.1 exploit that went on, people actually reading this and similar threads and literally anyone following this forum being on top of the situation, blocking updates, following threads and waiting for a move,
and in turn more and more people losing patience and interest in hacks because they are legitimately dissapointed that nothing happened, now and the WiiU soon becoming ceased.
Isnt the number we would get now as high as it possibly gets, even if nintendo brought out a update to patch it right after the exploits hit the public? This would in all honesty mean waiting any more for nintendo to make a move (which is blind btw, they still dont even know what to patch) would result in the exact opposite of why you even wait in the first place

Another sidenote: I would actually make a new thread to ask this exact post again, but then a SHITLOAD of people will misinterpret it as whining and impatience.

Last edited by Jackall4BDN, , Reason: Another Sidenote

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Dont consider this begging for it just a fair observation to point out for the devs, losing interest in waiting and gaining opportunities to buy 5.3.2 myself, but: if this update DOESNT patch the sploits, wouldnt it still be wise to release them? The whole idea behind not releasing it yet was to make sure it's accessible to as many people as possible by widening the range of supported firmwares, but think again about that "most possible people" part: With the amount of care and patience for the 5.5.1 exploit that went on, people actually reading this and similar threads and literally anyone following this forum on top of the situation, and in turn more and more people losing patience and interest in hacks because they are legitimately dissapointed that nothing happened, now and the WiiU soon becoming ceased. Isnt the number we would get now as high as it possibly gets, even if nintendo brought out a update to patch it right after? This would in all honesty mean waiting any more for nintendo to make a move (which is blind btw, they still dont even know what to patch) would result in the exact opposite of why you even wait in the first place
Nintendo won't release a new fw because there is nothing to patch, devs waiting for Nintendo to release a new fw, but Nintendo doesn't have exploit to patch...

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used tubehax. And the only thing I can access is hulu and netflix. Splatoon and eshop won't work. Is this correct?

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sry for the late reply, dont listen to SomeGamer (Sry mate), when it is when starting a game, you are not uptodate with splatoon, take out tubehax again, update the games you want to play online, and set it back up, and then KEEP it on
Ok. So after updating game. Put tubehax back on. Then I can play online? What about YouTube, hulu. Netflix?

wartimekillers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ugh, I had no idea ISPs could even block you from altering DNS settings... I only did it from the wii u, not on the router, but I'm almost sure that should've been enough, if not for my lousy ISP. Question though, did you manage to block out updates without dns settings? If not, you might wanna download psvproxy, as it's definitely working for me. Other than not having been updated in a while, it's an awesome program, blocks and unblocks on the fly perfectly on the old version v0.9.161 (the latest version unblock function isn't working properly though).

My country have a strict internet policy and all ISP is using force DNS, so changing DNS is useless. blocking url addresses via router seems not working too, i assume my router only blocking plain http.

Maybe blocking ip address but i dont know how to put the ip addresses correctly, its have a many field that makes me confuse, here is the screenshot.

i hope anyone can help me through this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 10.33.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 10.33.43 AM.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by wartimekillers,

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My country have a strict internet policy and all ISP is using force DNS, so changing DNS is useless. blocking url addresses via router seems not working too, i assume my router only blocking plain http.

Maybe blocking ip address but i dont know how to put the ip addresses correctly, its have a many field that makes me confuse, here is the screenshot.

Click on firewall and block the Nintendo links listed in tutorial

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.netnus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.netnus.cdn.shop.wii.comnus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.netnus.wup.shop.nintendo.netc.shop.nintendowifi.netcbvc.cdn.nintendo.netcbvc.nintendo.net

RPG_Fan_1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

There's a good tutorial in this thread. I used this to set up CCproxy. I followed most of this tutorial, but then made some changes at the end. I changed the web filter to permitted sites (blocks everything except for the pages you allow), and set the allowed pages to; *wiiubru.com*, *.wiiu.rapidraid.de*, *gamefaqs.com*, *google.*.Either way should work for you; I just chose permitted sites, because I wanted to block absolutely everything, except the sites above, in case Nintendo ever decides to add more update servers.

Then I opened my Wii U browser, and tested google, and gamefas, to make sure those were working, then tested sony.com, and saw a custom error page. I also checked the monitor on ccproxy, to make sure everything was being blocked properly. I used to use psvproxy, and while it definitely blocks updates on my 3DS, it still lets some nintendo stuff like the nintendo wifi test, and other ips work, so I would say CCproxy works better for absolute blocking.

I hope this helps. Good luck! I hope you can finish setting up your barriers by April 6, as there may or may not be an update coming around that time. I wanted to set something even better with self hosting, but I couldn't find enough info on how to do it, as I don't have a proper router, but this seems like a good enough protection.

Last edited by RPG_Fan_1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @cearp, Interesting, considering that the USA has started to legalise cannabis in some states.