Gaming BBS patch is coming !

Sikila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AThehocracy you need to make a folder called enc on the memstick and drag the EBOOT.BIN in there but when i try to decrypt it says Failed and just does nothing

Atheocracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sikila said:
AThehocracy you need to make a folder called enc on the memstick and drag the EBOOT.BIN in there but when i try to decrypt it says Failed and just does nothing

Worked fine for me, thanks a ton. After I have the EBOOT, I need to hexedit it... then what? Replace the other EBOOT with it and compress it back into an ISO?

Atheocracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like an idiot, but I've never done this before. I have WinHex, and have opened it up, but it won't find the lines I'm supposed to edit. Furthermore, I don't know how to edit them anyway.

Sikila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You know I will just wait for a fully patched Version to be uploaded somewhere cause it seems i downloaded the wrong version of the game anyway.

Atheocracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sikila said:
You know I will just wait for a fully patched Version to be uploaded somewhere cause it seems i downloaded the wrong version of the game anyway.

Better than having the right version and not being able to do anything. =/

Edit: I have the hex edited EBOOT now, and I added it to the folder I extracted earlier. Now how do I make it back into an ISO with UMDGen?

Mikehoncho16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a prepatched ISO anywhere? I cannot Get it to work ...
If you have had success with the patch, PM me, and i'll give you my email so you can give me a link to
an uploaded version.

meowzking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowrep said:
Is there anyway for a pre patched version to be released since UMDGen does not want to seem to install on my computer T.T
How did u do the decrypter part an all that stuff Can u tell me *the step 3 stuff*
wtf.gif

meowzking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MZ EXE. said:
Well if you got 5.50 GEN D3 it can run without doing that last step at least it worked for me.

Only problem I'm getting is this,

45931586.png

I pretty sure that last step gets the save working.
Well For me it dosnt even start O_O an im on gen d3
I wish som1 whould just post there patch version or make a simlar tutorial
wtf.gif
smile.gif

Mikehoncho16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the best option would be to post a better tutorial, which even a noob (such as myself and others) could understand. Maybe you could help!
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!