gametic114

Trophies
Website
www.burpingbunnies.com
XP
Country
Senegal
vugub.jpg

Iran's police have outlawed Battlefield 3 - the video game is now illegal.

"All computer stores are prohibited from selling this illegal game," the police told an Iranian IT magazine, reported by AFP (via IndustryGamers).

Battlefield 3 was banned because it depicted the US army fighting in Tehran, the capital city of Iran.

The Fars news agency claimed 5000 "Iranian youths" had prompted the ban by petitioning against the game online.

"We understand that the story of a video game is hypothetical," the group apparently wrote, "[but] we believe the game is purposely released at a time when the US is pushing the international community into fearing Iran."

Not that EA minds; Battlefield 3 wasn't ever made available to buy in Iran, which means all copies sold there were illegal to begin with.

"In that Battlefield 3 is not available for purchase in Iran, we can only hope the ban will help prevent pirated copies reaching consumers there," EA commented.

icon11.gif
Source

Shame.

are this for true? why games like this get banned?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Jaleneme

We (the rest of the world) laugh everytime we saw one of your hollywood movies where you always pretend to be the good guys and the saviors of mankind. I guess you guys cannot see it... but you are being brainwashed by propaganda.

If Usa had lost world war 2, there would be no war games, movies, ect. Currently, Usa is the only nation that continues to "promote" war with all these games and movies. There has to be a reason for that... they want you to get you "proud" of your nation and support his wars. That way you will always think that Usa is right and the rest of the world is wrong... but hey, you are not the good guys everytime.

EDIT: btw... maybe it sounded like I hate USA, but no. It would be awesome if I was born there. I really dont like my country, and I see yours as a great place to live.

You really aren't allowed to voice your opinion about what the USA is doing and how we are brainwashed. Maybe you are brainwashing all of us by telling us so we don't support our country, then Argentina will rule the world. All of you guys that don't live in America and talk shit about it are just haters.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
You are shockingly ignorant about your own country's government and history. And don't say, "It's just my opinion, you just got offended." You can't try and pull the opinion card to get out of being blatantly wrong.

By all means, enlighten me.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My opinions, only expand if you're not easily offended:
The US may get a lot better depending upon the next election. The current party is more of an annoyance with all the crap they change. Till Obama came along the president was more of a figure head. What. You obviously have no idea how the Presidency works. Now school lunches are "healthy" and the administration is currently trying to ban packed lunches. The current administration is trying to promote healthier lifestyles in children to counter the obesity epidemic and this is... bad?

It is often those with abundance that preach abstinence.

It seems like every week he [Obama] has yet another plan to save the day. When he was first elected he went around the world and apologized to every country that felt even a little slighted by the US. Considering how badly Bush damaged our reputation, a good will tour was pretty much necessary. Oh well, I guess advocating cooperation is a sign of weakness. "He supports DRM to the max and believes in gated communities on the internet. No he doesn't. He actually supports net neutrality and stated that he would veto SOPA if it passed Congress. To top it off he use to go to a racist church but stopped it so it wouldn't effect his presidency. The dude's evil. I can understand not agreeing with his policies, but evil? Really? I didn't vote for him because something about him just felt off. I really wanted Edwards. So you had problems with Obama, but nothing felt "off" about Edwards (you know, the guy who used his campaign money to cheat on his cancer ridden wife. Quite the upstanding citizen)?

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
importing will be made nearly impossible within a generation or 2. They'll make games digital only and then they'll check that not only does the game match your system's region they'll also have a method of determining the system's location(such as where your ip is registered to as far as country at least) so they can only let you download games if you are in your region. that way they can continue to control prices

That'll suck being not able to buy Japanese games, but it would also cripple the gaming industry as a whole. Hopefully this will come when I'm 70 or 80 and thus too feeble to play video games.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking US might fall sooner than you expect Kayot, and China is rising and could possibly be the biggest superpower in a decade or so...who knows lol

i hear china's economy is a little fake and it's in the verge of collapse. we do a lot of projects in china and it definitely feels like a bubble. at least the housing is about to implode like it did in the states. the whole world will be in the shitter soon enough plus the imminent collapse of the euro wont help.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking US might fall sooner than you expect Kayot, and China is rising and could possibly be the biggest superpower in a decade or so...who knows lol

i hear china's economy is a little fake and it's in the verge of collapse. we do a lot of projects in china and it definitely feels like a bubble. at least the housing is about to implode like it did in the states. the whole world will be in the shitter soon enough plus the imminent collapse of the euro wont help.

Also they are declining in population and soon 40 million men won't be able to find a wife in 20 years time due to the severe gender imbalance, also they are on the verge of having an aging problem similar to Japan in 15-20 years time which coupled with the lower birth rate and gender imbalance will make the economy collapse before actual prosperity is achieved.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I think I'm the only Persian ( or as some call, Iranian) here!
xD

it's funny though that they "ban" the game here because we don't have copyright and thus there is no "sell" to ban in the very first place! LoL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E