Gaming Battalion Wars 2

directive0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This dropped today, even though I don't know anyone who got it yet. I intend to pick it up in a fortnight. Please post your initial impressions here, your friendcodes etc. I'll be sure to post mine as soon as I have it.

fldash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would like to pick this up myself but haven't heard much from those who have it... patiently waiting...

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
How is the gameplay on this game?
Is not like Advance Wars right? I never played the original, so that is why I'm asking, still, I wonder how is it controled with the Wiimote... do you shoot with it?

IMO it looked amazingly good. Big fan of AW here.

SnickS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I loved the original one, and I'm especially looking forward to the online coop mode in this game.
The only thing I'm afraid of is that the Mario Galaxy release is going to ruin this great release
tongue.gif

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't see any pal releases this days, and shouldn't guitar3 also be released these days? Why are there no games getting dumped?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the gameplay on this game?
Is not like Advance Wars right? I never played the original, so that is why I'm asking, still, I wonder how is it controled with the Wiimote... do you shoot with it?

IMO it looked amazingly good. Big fan of AW here.
Nothing like Advance Wars really.

From IGN:
"The Wii remote doesn't revolutionize the experience. You select different units, located as icons on the bottom of the screen, with the D-Pad, and then tap the A button to send them into action. You could point and aim at on-screen targets with the Wii remote, but it's much easier to simply lock-on to them the traditional way and then deploy your armies"

They say the multiplayer on it is excellent. I'm hoping its as good or even better than the original as I loved it, its not out over here until January though but theres tons of other games to tie me over for now.

Migwel

Trophies
XP
Country
^I think you're thinking of Advanced Wars ds2. That comes out on 21st of jan for the US so thats probably march foR AUS
Also, there are no reveiws or any thing about BWii, whats the deal?

directive0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game is NOT an FPS. Its, as you said, a third person shooter/strategy with RTS elements. Personally I can't stand RTS's, but this game is the perfect blend of shooter and strategy elements.

I just got through the first couple campaign levels and its easy to pick up. The basic jist is you control one main troop (you can switch to any troop member) and control your squad to reach checkpoints. You can select either specific groups of units (like all your mechanized armor, all your infantry, etc) or all your troops and select a goal to control or target for them to destroy. You can also have them wait or follow you.

The graphics are pretty decent compared to what I'm used to on the Wii, nothing really mind blowing. The controls are actually quite tight and I'm getting the hang of in combat run/shooting and dodging and strafing with no difficulty. I haven't tried online yet as I don't have time, and I'd imagine I'll get my ass handed to me.

Anyone on the fence I'd say go ahead and buy it, especially if you have the other AAA wii titles already, its a great one so far.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just bought it but haven't tried it out yet. Later though I do want to try the Wifi with someone here.
biggrin.gif

I loved the first one though. I just had trouble aiming in the Gamecube one. I hear it's a lot better with the Wiimote though, and the Wifi is the part that sold it. I can't wait to try it.
ohmy.gif

***EDIT (Oops double post. Bad me!)
Okay, I've played a few missions and did one Wifi match. The controls are a lot better as opposed to the first one, it's easier to switch units on the fly. I like the new vehicles they've added so far, granted I haven't controlled one yet. (Really waiting for it!)

I am talented at this I suppose, first Wifi match is against a guy who's win/loss record is about a 3:1 ratio, and I ended up beating 'em by 10 points. I rock!
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь