Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My most wanted DS game this year! I thought it would be just a stripped down version of the Wii game (which I also want) but its a totally different game and whats more it looks better!

When WayForward give their all to a title it really shows and I hope that this title is a big hit for them as they deserve it.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
This looks good! I'm gonna try it!

Also, why is this in User Submitted News? You're mag staff so why didn't you put it in magazine news?
My posts are amatuerish at best, its not good for the look of the forum.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I mean, WayForward definitely puts their best foot forward in anything they do, but all the same, the end product isn't always great. I'm eager to try it, but I'm wondering why we need all those other playable characters. It makes me wonder about how much focus on Batman has been given over to the game. Arkham Asylum really made me feel like Batman. If this game can do that, I'll be satisfied. Just another 2D platformer, though...meh.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
Yeah, I mean, WayForward definitely puts their best foot forward in anything they do, but all the same, the end product isn't always great. I'm eager to try it, but I'm wondering why we need all those other playable characters. It makes me wonder about how much focus on Batman has been given over to the game. Arkham Asylum really made me feel like Batman. If this game can do that, I'll be satisfied. Just another 2D platformer, though...meh.

Mind you this Batman is more of a throwback to the old cartoons and more classic Batman while Arkham Asylum played off more a modern, "Dark Knight" style darker Batman. Odds are Batman will have the predominate role here but there's bound to be plenty of other characters to play as.

Do any of the versions of Brave and the Bold have voice acting? I'd be curious to see who voices Batman.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
GeekyGuy said:

Mind you this Batman is more of a throwback to the old cartoons and more classic Batman while Arkham Asylum played off more a modern, "Dark Knight" style darker Batman. Odds are Batman will have the predominate role here but there's bound to be plenty of other characters to play as.

Do any of the versions of Brave and the Bold have voice acting? I'd be curious to see who voices Batman.
I'm not sure about the Wii one. but the DS one is voiced by the actors of the cartoon.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The running in this game looks slow. I'll definitely pass on this one as it doesn't seem very good to me.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
It makes me wonder about how much focus on Batman has been given over to the game.
Pretty sure there will be more Batman play than the others. The cartoon itself is more of a "Batman & Friends" style show so obviously the game will follow suit.

Its pretty bad luck for WayForward that the show has been cancelled.

EDIT: Ign have a write up for this for those who care.
http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/110/1107740p1.html

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they said after it was done they would start on a more mature show, they show really try to reboot batman the animated series

Ive seen some of the brave and the bold eps and it was pretty bad imo
its wasnt very serious

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was playing batman and robin for sega the other day this is going look sweet through i can't wait for those BIFF POW side effects LOL

and just notice it comes out at the end of next month (sigh)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new Batman Beyond series anyone
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great retro art. Beautiful!

Gameplay looks a bit slow, but seeing it's from WayForward, I'd say it's going to be fun.

Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Mind you this Batman is more of a throwback to the old cartoons and more classic Batman while Arkham Asylum played off more a modern, "Dark Knight" style darker Batman...

Oh yeah...I'm not expecting Frank Miller's Dark Knight. I just mean in terms of gadget use and story progression, I hope they nail it. I love both DC's traditional Batman from the Detective comics, as well as Frank Miller's vision. Though I think Rocksteady did a great job erring on the side of Miller's interpretation, it wasn't the vibe that made me feel like Batman; it was the gameplay. Hopefully, Wayforward can tap into that too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum...