Hacking COMPLETED BASIC MODCHIP / DONGLE UF2 SD BOOT FILES. Trinket / Rebug / RCMX86 / Others

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't messed with this stuff for months, and got a new pc since then, and now having a dog of a time getting access to trinketboot. I'm using the same usb cable that worked previously so I assume that the issue is the new usb ports? I can get the trinketboot drive to appear but it vanishes again instantly, so I can't flash anything to it. Very frustrating.
Not using VMware or virtual box are you? Disable this see if it helps.

snam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mattytrog: i've finally got the RCM-X86 chip and installed it (5 wires like the pic shows) and seems to work ok.
if i power up the switch, ofw is loaded, and if i want to load cfw i need to press vol+power. With your custom uf2 can i do the opposite (cfw boot at power up, and power+vol to boot ofw)?
do i need extra wires?
i just want to load sx (for emunand) as default cfw

thanx

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog: i've finally got the RCM-X86 chip and installed it (5 wires like the pic shows) and seems to work ok.
if i power up the switch, ofw is loaded, and if i want to load cfw i need to press vol+power. With your custom uf2 can i do the opposite (cfw boot at power up, and power+vol to boot ofw)?
do i need extra wires?
i just want to load sx (for emunand) as default cfw

thanx
If both straps are connected... Volume strap and joycon strap. Use the version 2 bootloader. For ofw, you need to press reset while pressing power

snam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If both straps are connected... Volume strap and joycon strap. Use the version 2 bootloader. For ofw, you need to press reset while pressing power

I've asked the seller about it and he replyes: "yes. you need to make a new code to do that , but this IC without a LDO, so I think it maybe can not pull down the VOL+ as fast as that "

i guess the code part is covered by your "magic" but i don't really understand the LDO part, basically means i'm fxxked?

Thanx

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've asked the seller about it and he replyes: "yes. you need to make a new code to do that , but this IC without a LDO, so I think it maybe can not pull down the VOL+ as fast as that "

i guess the code part is covered by your "magic" but i don't really understand the LDO part, basically means i'm fxxked?

Thanx

LDO? WTF is he on about?

The LDO is a low-drop-out regulator that converts 5v to 3v3.

There are various FETs and things WITHIN the chip. All SAMD21s are created equal. Sort of... Apart from the board design and maybe flash size etc etc. The G18 is a 48 pin package... The E18 (Trinket / Rebug) are 32 pin. Some designs require the use of a crystal (for example the Feather M0 which uses a G18). Others don`t use a crystal on the same chip (eg ItsyBitsy M0). But that is nonsense what he is telling you.

More likely, is the fact the seller doesn`t know what pins are broken out from the chip.

This is easily investigated though. A bootloader can then be easily built.

Last edited by mattytrog,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can i help you somehow so you can add this chip on your list? i don't have any clues apart checking the github page but i cannot find anything useful (due to my limited knowledge).
https://github.com/euclala/RCM-X86/tree/master/internalDongle

thanx for your help
Certainly.

I just want to confirm a few things...

When you flash a trinket UF2, do any LEDs work?

Also... All the pictures are crap of the board. Can you post a couple of pics of the front and back of the board? As high resolution as possible

snam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no led on the board :(
but i've tested some uf2 loaders (hekate and sx) i've found on the git, using the usbc and it works (seen as usb drive, and after uf2 transfer it just disconnect)
i'll send the pic asap

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no led on the board :(
but i've tested some uf2 loaders (hekate and sx) i've found on the git, using the usbc and it works (seen as usb drive, and after uf2 transfer it just disconnect)
i'll send the pic asap
I did a pic in my modchip thread ages ago but not had any feedback on it. Look in op

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure if it's still there actually. Scrub that

snam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope the quality is ok. i made 2 pic with the microscope, 2 with my phone.
in the meantime i'll connect also the vol+ wire (atm just on the board), better be safe than sorry...

Attachments

• front m.jpg
    front m.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 126
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 96
  • back m.jpg
    back m.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 109
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: mattytrog

snam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have the reset button, you can: press twice and the flash drive shows up. drag new uf2 and you're good to go

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work