Hacking COMPLETED BASIC MODCHIP / DONGLE UF2 SD BOOT FILES. Trinket / Rebug / RCMX86 / Others

psp95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
now I open it and I'll take a picture, no I was interested in starting the rcm mode without joycon mod or autorcm

joaomconde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For M0 trinket trinket_rebug is working fine. at least mode1 with hekate.
Thanks for your great work!
Not for me.. Was working before update though. What did you do? Just drag file.utf to switchboot folder? Then boot with + volume button pressed?

Gismor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not for me.. Was working before update though. What did you do? Just drag file.utf to switchboot folder? Then boot with + volume button pressed?
do you have a trinket rebug?
have you use the "nx" dual boot version before you update?

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No and no. Have the trinket m.0 and had the previous method 1 installed

Method 1... The files should work straight away if you follow OP.

Mode 1 is Hekate as payload 1. 0 folder isn`t needed. You only need 0 folder if you are manually advancing payloads (by shorting pin 1 to GND), or using mode 2,3,5 or 6.

If using mode 2, drag the UF2 over, extract 0 folder over, then copy your payloads and rename accordingly.

joaomconde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Method 1... The files should work straight away if you follow OP.

Mode 1 is Hekate as payload 1. 0 folder isn`t needed. You only need 0 folder if you are manually advancing payloads (by shorting pin 1 to GND), or using mode 2,3,5 or 6.

If using mode 2, drag the UF2 over, extract 0 folder over, then copy your payloads and rename accordingly.
I understand that, and I did that. I have a trinket m0. Should I use trinket_rebug?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was not working for me, will try again when I arrive home, I did notice the switch enters rcm, just doest boot to hetake. What might this mean?
Don`t know until I know more about what you have done / fitted. PM me if you wish.

joaomconde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Don`t know until I know more about what you have done / fitted. PM me if you wish.
I retried it now that im at home and it works! the issue before was that i was trying while connected to my computer.if i do that, i enter rcm mode and dont go to hetake. if i disconect and try it, it works!

thanks again for your amazing work and your availability here, on the forums!

Reactions: mattytrog

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any advantage to using the new payloads over the old one based on sx loader? I found it still seems to work with boot.dat payload converter thingy for atmosphere and hekate 4.5. Is it because I'm still on 6.01 instead of 6.2?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any advantage to using the new payloads over the old one based on sx loader? I found it still seems to work with boot.dat payload converter thingy for atmosphere and hekate 4.5. Is it because I'm still on 6.01 instead of 6.2?
No advantage at all.

Apart from Hekate 4.5 being built in as well as the other SX based ones. They are all sectioned and joined on the fly. This removes the need to have payloads with the same code duplicated, taking up space. But whatever is working for you :)

I've just got too much time on my hands.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No advantage at all.

Apart from Hekate 4.5 being built in as well as the other SX based ones. They are all sectioned and joined on the fly. This removes the need to have payloads with the same code duplicated, taking up space. But whatever is working for you :)

I've just got too much time on my hands.
Lol, cheers. Nuffin wrong with tinkerin with stuff keeps us out of trouble.

Reactions: mattytrog

snam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mattytrog just tested latest release on my rcmx86 chip and is working good with only joy stripe conncted.
I have same issues as before if i try it also with vol+ connected:
Auto boot on cfw, but vol- broken, no flash mount, no way to boot ofw pressing reset at power on

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog just tested latest release on my rcmx86 chip and is working good with only joy stripe conncted.
I have same issues as before if i try it also with vol+ connected:
Auto boot on cfw, but vol- broken, no flash mount, no way to boot ofw pressing reset at power on

I see the problem. Unfortunately, not much I can do about it, as the... What shall I call it... "Glitch pin" doesn't seem to be broken out.

Tell you what... There may be a solution...

If anyone has one of these chips, and a LED spare, they could find the correct pin out of the ones broken out.

What I'm looking for is a pin to go to GND on hard reset. One of them should do it.

So... Anode of LED to +3v, cathode to one of the pads on the rcmx86

When reset is pressed/shorted, the led should light INSTANTLY.

if anyone fancies a bash, let me know. Or I'll do it later.

snam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually if i can find a led (and if you can tell me where to fit it) from a spare pcb, i'm happy to help.
Any prticular specs on the led Or any kind is good?

Last edited by snam11,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30