Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still thinks its going to be a headset with eye tracking for old people who cant use the twin sticks

4.png

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
itll use something along the lines of amazon fire phone eye tracking too. nowhere near $9000

eye tracking tech exists and relatively cheap to produce, developement costs have already been spent on 3ds super stable 3ds eye tracking tech and wii u motion detection.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as for the vr, i think the mh handheld could possibly double as vr if plugged into the NX
EITHER WAY THE NINTEDO NX COULD POTENTIALLY BE THE CHEAPEST VR SOLUTION ON THE MARKET IN 2017

5.png

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the nx's trump card really just this? that they would not want ms and sony to impement it to their own system. kep in mind this is probably no their console gimmick (hopefully)

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i watched some of e3 game annuncements for sony and ms, i really wasnt impressed. Nothing new or anything, even the xbox scorpio wasnt a true reveal. The only one i liked was spiderman but with 'homecoming' releasing in '18 im sure its for nx too

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember this?
maindgsok.png

Looks like it could definitely be a thing. Watch the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild trailer at 1:58.

Last edited by fiveighteen, , Reason: Typo

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember this?
maindgsok.png

Looks like it could definitely be a thing. Watch the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind trailer at 1:58.

Oh. Oh damn

However, as a side note, "Fields of Dawn" was definitely disproved. OP will be updated once I'm home

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's just a coincidence. The U-bone is plain stupid when you have access to the Gamepad, Pro controller, and Wiimote+Nunchuck. Any reason you'd prefer the U-bone over another controller can be met by the two other controllers.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember this?
maindgsok.png

Looks like it could definitely be a thing. Watch the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind trailer at 1:58.

I watched the stream for a bit, apparently the U shaped thing is literally a magnet item in the game. So... probably not indicative of a future controller

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after seeing zelda botw inventory footage i see why they wanted the bow and scroll wheel controllers but having a gimmick controller for only one game is a waste of resources unless they plan on annual zelda releases

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after seeing zelda botw inventory footage i see why they wanted the bow and scroll wheel controllers but having a gimmick controller for only one game is a waste of resources unless they plan on annual zelda releases
Analogue scroll wheels would be great for more than just Zelda, and if it's implemented at launch it would be a great kind of "tech demo" to show developers the potential of the controller. The problem with the Wii U GamePad is that it was shown off with games like Nintendoland, which, while fun, was certainly not high on everyone's playlist.

Basically, the GamePad feels clunky. Scroll wheels would give it a bit more fluidity

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Analogue scroll wheels would be great for more than just Zelda, and if it's implemented at launch it would be a great kind of "tech demo" to show developers the potential of the controller. The problem with the Wii U GamePad is that it was shown off with games like Nintendoland, which, while fun, was certainly not high on everyone's playlist.

Basically, the GamePad feels clunky. Scroll wheels would give it a bit more fluidity

the gamepad is the only controller to not cramp my hands and the screen is the best viewing option for Wii vs ctr/480tv. scroll wheels would suck to press down on

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the gamepad is the only controller to not cramp my hands and the screen is the best viewing option for Wii vs ctr/480tv. scroll wheels would suck to press down on
I agree for the most part, but the lack of analogue triggers kind of makes it feel incomplete/brick-y to me. It makes racing games difficult and really cuts into input options

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im looking at the HUD on Zelda BOW wiiu/NX and the placement of it almost lines up with fan designs of the handheld 5x7 patent concept. (they wont be in the way) more of a MH SPECULATION

(Link usually left handed)
nx zbotw.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Sure