Hardware Banned Switch, new console ?

Daniielx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My Switch got banned a little while ago and I was wondering if I could buy NS Online on a different console, but with the same account. I heard that Nintendo only bans the Switch certificates and don't ban Nintendo accounts.
So I just want to know if it's safe to reconnect to my account and if I will be able to buy the Online on that account.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ban is most likely tied to your account.

Just create a new account, and don't do dumb shit to get banned, again.

Reactions: Kubez

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Depends really. If you got pirated backup/nsp's logged to your account then chances are you might be setting up your new switch for another ban. I suggest making a new account just to be sure.

Reactions: Kubez

Daniielx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, thanks for the replies guys, now I'm just pissed because my account had important stuff with it, guess it's part of the risk...

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch bans are near never tied to the account. Almost never. Call Nintendo, tell them you lost your old console, they will unlink the accounts. Then you can just sign in on a new Switch and be good to go.

Reactions: KlariNoX

systemconfigtoolcorrector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch bans are near never tied to the account. Almost never. Call Nintendo, tell them you lost your old console, they will unlink the accounts. Then you can just sign in on a new Switch and be good to go.
No no he doesn’t need to call Nintendo you can unlink(now called de-register) your account from the Webpage, (https://en-americas-support.nintend...the-primary-console-for-your-nintendo-account) once a year

Also @Daniielx Bans are NOT ties to the account re-linking is 100% safe, the only time Nintendo bans an account is mostly for chargebacks

Last edited by systemconfigtoolcorrector,

Daniielx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And if I want to buy nintendo switch online on that account, will I be able to ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And if I want to buy nintendo switch online on that account, will I be able to ?
My original account

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might as well chime in here. Bans are tied to the console, not the account, but that doesn't mean Nintendo knows that account was associated with a user who hacks. Meaning if they see that account on another console, they might keep a more watchful eye on that second console. There was one case of a user who supposedly got their second console banned by linking it with the account from their banned console but they didn't fill out a ban report form so I and a lot of other people were skeptical. On the other hand, I've had a few people confirm to me that they have been using an account from a banned console on another Switch without a ban thus far. The risk is yours to take and as long you don't hack the second device, I would be very surprised if you got banned again.

Daniielx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I heard about the guy who claimed their legit switch was banned, thanks alot. Now I know I've been repeating this question a lot, but will I be able to buy nintendo switch online again on my nw console and original account ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I heard about the guy who claimed their legit switch was banned, thanks alot. Now I know I've been repeating this question a lot, but will I be able to buy nintendo switch online again on my nw console and original account ?
As long as the account isn't banned, the answer is always yes. Nintendo Accounts can have Primary and Secondary account holders much like other video game account systems.

Daniielx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So can I deregister the primary account from my banned switch from my pc ? Also, it's bricked so tell me if it deregisters automatically in this case.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it automatically deregistered, or do I have to do it myself on a computer ?
Someone already posted a link for you
No no he doesn’t need to call Nintendo you can unlink(now called de-register) your account from the Webpage, (https://en-americas-support.nintend...the-primary-console-for-your-nintendo-account) once a year

Also @Daniielx Bans are NOT ties to the account re-linking is 100% safe, the only time Nintendo bans an account is mostly for chargebacks

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch got banned a little while ago and I was wondering if I could buy NS Online on a different console, but with the same account. I heard that Nintendo only bans the Switch certificates and don't ban Nintendo accounts.
So I just want to know if it's safe to reconnect to my account and if I will be able to buy the Online on that account.

For what ? I don't used the online at all. No Accounts for me so I am fine. Online is priceless and a waste of time to use. Unless, you want eShop and other which I do not care about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!