Banjo-Kazooie for Nintendo3DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ihackedit, Feb 28, 2011.

Feb 28, 2011
  1. ihackedit
    OP

Member ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    [​IMG] 3DS Banjo-kazooie [​IMG]
    I don't really wan't the 3DS for its games and stuff and I can do with a DSlite. But if this is true I'm lining up in the streets for an N3DS!
    Source@gamesradar
    EDIT: I also found this http://gamerant.com/cave-story-3ds-riley-66565/ i'm happy that this is going for 3DS as it was a good game. [​IMG]

2. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    ...Isn't Rare owned 100% by Microsoft?

That means this "speculated" Banjo Kazooie game, wouldn't be done by them, but rather by someone else...

3. smile72

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    I love the Banjo series (except for Nuts n' Bolts I think its an okay game but an awful Banjo game). I hope this is true and that if it true that it will be similar to Kazooie and Tooie not Nuts n' Bolts! This will give me just another reason to get the 3DS!!!!!!! Though I doubt Microsoft would let them. So it would have to be done by another developer. I hate Microsoft.

4. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    All the talent left Rare anyways so what does it matter?

5. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Rare made 1 or 2 ds games.

Also it banjo on 3ds would be just as likely as 3ds sports or some shit i'm afraid.

6. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If a Banjo 3DS game is made, I'd want it to be made by a developer who liked the original games, not Rare. They've shown already that they can't appeal to the target audience of the first games with Nuts n Bolts (Not that it was a bad game, but when you expect another Banjo platformer, getting a car building tool is a bit of a shock.). I'm not saying this game shouldn't exist, but Rare would have done much better to create a new platforming Banjo, THEN NnB so that the fans don't get pissed off.

And if anyone's wondering, I'm still pissed about the teaser for Nuts n Bolts when it was being called "Banjo-threeie". I watched that trailer for days I was so hyped. It was a dick move on Rare's part to make it appear like we were getting a true sequel to Banjo-tooie. You'd think they'd have the decency to hint at it being a completely different kind of game.

7. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    I might just have to keep my eye on this rumor. If it holds any truth, the happiness level of myself will rise. Indeed. What about the whole liscensing fiasco? Microsoft owns Banjo, sadly.

8. ihackedit
    OP

Member ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Why would you make such good games for a nice console and then make a wrong move by selling out. I loved banjo-kazooie [​IMG]

9. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Oh man...Oh man oh man oh man. If this is true, I'm going to jizz...EVERYWHERE. However, tonitonichopchop said, it COULD be better made by a developer that consists of big fans of the series, that way Rare can't screw it up like the pretty much did with N&B. Not saying Rare will (If the game will ever even exist) screw it up completely, but after N&B, I wouldn't be surprised.

10. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Actually I don't think the original trailer(s) said banjo-threeie, just "banjo is back". I would agree that they tricked people into thinking they were waiting for a proper sequel though.

11. funem

Member funem Retro Powered..

United Kingdom
    Rare has all but shut up shop. All programming is done by contractors, sadly I dont see much life left in the company so I wouldnt hold your breath.

12. MADKATZ99

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I'm pretty sure no other developer other than Rare are allowed to produce a Banjo Kazooie. Maybe unless they gave it the OK... But I don't think that's how it works.

Also, just because RARE left for microsoft doesn't mean they can't produce nintendo games. If that was the case, the rare employee would have told them so. Since they moved over in 2002, they've made 7 GBA games and 2 DS games. Just none for the wii. Maybe because microsoft doesn't have a handheld console they might not mind lol.

Also, there's a 3DS board for games next time. [​IMG]

13. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    please shut up before you make a stupid post if you had an ounce of intelligence you'd know banjo kazooie nuts and bolts is the third b&K game by rare they made B&K 1+2 but then they were good games

14. Sephxus

Member Sephxus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    @pokefreak2008
    Would you consider BK N&B a proper sequel to BK and BT?
    I don't think so, and many agree.

Tonitonichopchop felt that the game was marketed as a direct sequel to BT.

Banjo-ThreeieD. [​IMG]
    I do hope it gets made.

15. Supreme Dirt

Member Supreme Dirt GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm hoping if it does, Rare pulls together their original staff, from before Microsoft's takeover.

If it's Rare's current staff... I'm sorry but I'll pass.

Microsoft basically cored out Rare. There's nothing left but an empty shell of a company trying desperately to hold on to some semblance of legitimacy. The company that made the DKC and BK series that we fell in love with as kids/teens is gone, probably forever.

16. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    It doesn't matter.
    Even though Rare is owned by MS, it doesn't stop them to publish games for portable systems.
    In fact, in recent years Rare did a number of games for the DS and GBA, like Subre Wolf, Diddy Kong racing, Banjo Kazooie for the GBA, and maybe a couple more.
    There fore I wouldn't completely dismiss it.

17. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    There's a difference between being a publisher, and a developer you know.

So it could just be a port that we'll see or something else. I'm failing to see HOW Rare could make a 3DS game when they're owned by Microsoft, let alone make a GOOD game now.

18. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Isn't Rare on their last legs with regards to their Kinect game?

19. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    I don't know what to think about this. It could be good as it could be terribad.

Supposedly, yes.

20. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I don't see this happening but:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Edit:

Wait... didn't Rare make Viva Pinata on the DS? I would think it would be possible then. No?