• Replies 20
D

Deleted-273695

OP
yaynds.gif
3DS Banjo-kazooie
yaynds.gif
GamesRadar said:
What would you do-o-o for a Klondike bar? Not much? How about for a Banjo-Kazooie game for 3DS? Before you go bike-jumping over the Grand Canyon, sit back, for now. Development studio Rare has teased on its blog that a Banjo game is on its way to the 3D Nintendo handheld.

In a Q&A section on the blog, Rare employee "Leigh" answered a question about the company's support for 3DS. In her post, she writes, "Banjo-3DSie confirmed!"

But before you go all bonkers, she follows that sentence immediately by saying, "Although by confirmed I do mean 100% utterly speculative."

Such a tease. Seriously. Although, obviously that message implies some sort of intent to work with Nintendo for its next handheld system. As Leigh points out, "We haven’t done much in the handheld 'space'... could we dip our toes in again at some point? Possibly. 3DS? Not for me to say. Bandai WonderSwan? No."
I don't really wan't the 3DS for its games and stuff and I can do with a DSlite. But if this is true I'm lining up in the streets for an N3DS!
Source@gamesradar
EDIT: I also found this http://gamerant.com/cave-story-3ds-riley-66565/ i'm happy that this is going for 3DS as it was a good game.
biggrin.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...Isn't Rare owned 100% by Microsoft?

That means this "speculated" Banjo Kazooie game, wouldn't be done by them, but rather by someone else...

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I love the Banjo series (except for Nuts n' Bolts I think its an okay game but an awful Banjo game). I hope this is true and that if it true that it will be similar to Kazooie and Tooie not Nuts n' Bolts! This will give me just another reason to get the 3DS!!!!!!! Though I doubt Microsoft would let them. So it would have to be done by another developer. I hate Microsoft.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smile72 said:
I love the Banjo series (except for Nuts n' Bolts I think its an okay game but an awful Banjo game). I hope this is true and that if it true that it will be similar to Kazooie and Tooie not Nuts n' Bolts! This will give me just another reason to get the 3DS!!!!!!! Though I doubt Microsoft would let them. So it would have to be done by another developer. I hate Microsoft.

All the talent left Rare anyways so what does it matter?

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:

That means this "speculated" Banjo Kazooie game, wouldn't be done by them, but rather by someone else...
Rare made 1 or 2 ds games.

Also it banjo on 3ds would be just as likely as 3ds sports or some shit i'm afraid.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a Banjo 3DS game is made, I'd want it to be made by a developer who liked the original games, not Rare. They've shown already that they can't appeal to the target audience of the first games with Nuts n Bolts (Not that it was a bad game, but when you expect another Banjo platformer, getting a car building tool is a bit of a shock.). I'm not saying this game shouldn't exist, but Rare would have done much better to create a new platforming Banjo, THEN NnB so that the fans don't get pissed off.

And if anyone's wondering, I'm still pissed about the teaser for Nuts n Bolts when it was being called "Banjo-threeie". I watched that trailer for days I was so hyped. It was a dick move on Rare's part to make it appear like we were getting a true sequel to Banjo-tooie. You'd think they'd have the decency to hint at it being a completely different kind of game.

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I might just have to keep my eye on this rumor. If it holds any truth, the happiness level of myself will rise. Indeed. What about the whole liscensing fiasco? Microsoft owns Banjo, sadly.

D

Deleted-273695

OP
Why would you make such good games for a nice console and then make a wrong move by selling out. I loved banjo-kazooie
frown.gif

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh man...Oh man oh man oh man. If this is true, I'm going to jizz...EVERYWHERE. However, tonitonichopchop said, it COULD be better made by a developer that consists of big fans of the series, that way Rare can't screw it up like the pretty much did with N&B. Not saying Rare will (If the game will ever even exist) screw it up completely, but after N&B, I wouldn't be surprised.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonitonichopchop said:
If a Banjo 3DS game is made, I'd want it to be made by a developer who liked the original games, not Rare. They've shown already that they can't appeal to the target audience of the first games with Nuts n Bolts (Not that it was a bad game, but when you expect another Banjo platformer, getting a car building tool is a bit of a shock.). I'm not saying this game shouldn't exist, but Rare would have done much better to create a new platforming Banjo, THEN NnB so that the fans don't get pissed off.

And if anyone's wondering, I'm still pissed about the teaser for Nuts n Bolts when it was being called "Banjo-threeie". I watched that trailer for days I was so hyped. It was a dick move on Rare's part to make it appear like we were getting a true sequel to Banjo-tooie. You'd think they'd have the decency to hint at it being a completely different kind of game.
Actually I don't think the original trailer(s) said banjo-threeie, just "banjo is back". I would agree that they tricked people into thinking they were waiting for a proper sequel though.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure no other developer other than Rare are allowed to produce a Banjo Kazooie. Maybe unless they gave it the OK... But I don't think that's how it works.

Also, just because RARE left for microsoft doesn't mean they can't produce nintendo games. If that was the case, the rare employee would have told them so. Since they moved over in 2002, they've made 7 GBA games and 2 DS games. Just none for the wii. Maybe because microsoft doesn't have a handheld console they might not mind lol.

Also, there's a 3DS board for games next time.
wink.gif

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:

please shut up before you make a stupid post if you had an ounce of intelligence you'd know banjo kazooie nuts and bolts is the third b&K game by rare they made B&K 1+2 but then they were good games

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@pokefreak2008
Would you consider BK N&B a proper sequel to BK and BT?
I don't think so, and many agree.

Tonitonichopchop felt that the game was marketed as a direct sequel to BT.

Banjo-ThreeieD.
happy.gif

I do hope it gets made.

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hoping if it does, Rare pulls together their original staff, from before Microsoft's takeover.

If it's Rare's current staff... I'm sorry but I'll pass.

Microsoft basically cored out Rare. There's nothing left but an empty shell of a company trying desperately to hold on to some semblance of legitimacy. The company that made the DKC and BK series that we fell in love with as kids/teens is gone, probably forever.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ShadowSoldier said:

It doesn't matter.
Even though Rare is owned by MS, it doesn't stop them to publish games for portable systems.
In fact, in recent years Rare did a number of games for the DS and GBA, like Subre Wolf, Diddy Kong racing, Banjo Kazooie for the GBA, and maybe a couple more.
There fore I wouldn't completely dismiss it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a difference between being a publisher, and a developer you know.

QUOTE said:
In 2002, Microsoft paid US$375 million for a 100% acquisition of Rare, a record for a video game developer.[3] Since then, Rare became a subsidiary of Microsoft Game Studios.

So it could just be a port that we'll see or something else. I'm failing to see HOW Rare could make a 3DS game when they're owned by Microsoft, let alone make a GOOD game now.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I don't know what to think about this. It could be good as it could be terribad.

DiscostewSM said:
Isn't Rare on their last legs with regards to their Kinect game?

Supposedly, yes.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see this happening but:

And I'm not a huge fan of remakes... but honestly. I would cream.

Edit:

Wait... didn't Rare make Viva Pinata on the DS? I would think it would be possible then. No?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like it wrong
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I SAW A MEME UNDER THAT WITH THE CAPTION "How to kill covid" AND IT WAS FADED HAND SANITIZER INSTRUCTIONS SAYING "rub onto anus until cry" 💀😭
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Hello, my friend.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I lost an online friend today who i knew since 2021
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I'm sorry to hear that.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, He said that my actitude was "cutty" and that our friendship wasnt going anywhere
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, You're not like that. I see you as a really kind individual.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds like you are better off than having a petty friend like that anyways. You win today.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, but both of us were fine yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah well, at least you got us (sorry if this sounds like some cornball ass "power of friendship" stuff)
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kind of hyped about the new ally finally a portable with full m.2 support
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Kinda reminds me of a life lesson in the movie "Bronx Tale". Guy1 owes another, guy2 $10 and the guy2 keeps chasing guy1 around the city trying to get his money back, till someone tells him, "stop, you got off easy, its only $10. That guy will never bother you again or ask you for money again, so take it as a win."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guy1 will continue to talk shit about you constantly as well
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because he knows what he did
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Speaking of which, where is my $10 Ken? And I heard you been talking crap bout me to my wife. Punk.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You were standing right there when we were talking should've said something then
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking insurance gave me a migraine told me my dentist was in network now they're rejecting claims saying they aren't
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's what they do the best, pass the buck.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's what they do the best, pass the buck.