[Ban wave] About SteetPass Mii Plaza

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Terryphatro, May 26, 2017.

?

I got banned and...

1. i had this option enabled

52.9%
  2. this option is disabled

47.1%
  1. Terryphatro
    OP

Terryphatro Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    France
    Ok so before I continue I made this post because I myself didn't see any posts talking about this. So I'm just sharing this.

On my little brother's nds, i found out when he met me that he could see my most played game/most recent, and that made me think. I went to the settings and I had Spotpass disabled. But there's another option.

[​IMG]

This option right there. It's another thing that sends information to Nintendo. That made me think: This setting, when enabled, sends to Nintendo information (obviously), but may also send your most used game. That means it might show other people that we're using some "illegal" tickets (such has homebrew launcher, save managers, ect.) if we use them a lot, and that Nintendo might know that because of this option and know that we're using CFW. I don't know if that's clear enough, but yeah, better disable this. What do you guys think?​

2. Akiru_the_wolf

Akiru_the_wolf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2017
    United States
    I am in no way shape or form an expert in any of these things but it seems likely now that I think about it

3. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    I just did that. You can never be safer.

4. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    This is probably something that those newer to cfw aren't aware of, but it was discussed a lot back when cfw first became a thing.
    I always make sure to launch a 'legit' nintendo title after using any 'homebrew' title for this very reason.
    People used to deliberately have it show as FBI or Playcoin Setter just for bragging rights (same as 'favourite title' in the friend profile). It's really not worth the risk.

All that said, I don't believe that it has anything to do with this wave of bans. Not everyone uses Mii Plaza.

imo, it's more likely that the bans are related to online cheating (Mario Kart hacking, Pokemon genning/wondertrading, etc) and/or having people in your friends list that have been guilty of online cheating... but I'm just speculating, and there's more than enough of that in these ban threads already.

5. ChronoTrigger

ChronoTrigger GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Wow. I never knew this. I don't really use Streetpass unless I start to get annoyed by that green circle thing.

6. destany1989

destany1989 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2017
    United States
    How do I disable this? I couldn't find it anywhere.

7. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
  8. Terryphatro
    OP

Terryphatro Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    France
    Go to SteetPass Mii Plaza, then go to the settings (the icon next to the update icon to the very left), then go down to "Share Info" and disable it if activated.

EDIT:
    This one is for streetpass mii plaza. Every poll asks for Spotpass or Friends information sharing.

Last edited by Terryphatro, May 26, 2017
  9. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Well, I had this off since the beginning as well. No ban here. I am very glad that I thought about this stuff and thought it was stupid to keep on right before I had cfw.

Mysuke likes this.
  10. Nio

Nio GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2007
    Gambia, The
    every vc title asks for sharing something

@Nintendo: i lö never share anything wirh you ever again. nothing, especially not my money.

BADDINOROX99 likes this.
  11. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    I haven't updated my mii plaza in awhile and I still got banned.I don't know if I should bother to do it.

Edit-I can still access it unupdated and I had it set to no this whole time.

Last edited by Ominous66521, May 26, 2017
  12. Zekamon

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    I wish I did that too. I thought:

"Hey Ninty can never know that I've used Homebrew ha ha ha ha ha ha"

13. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Oh even then I thought to myself "I dont even really want them to know what Im playing. At the time I had a sky3ds ready with ninjhax for the downgrade that was coming out. So I decided to turn everything off that sent data to nintendo other than the "show friends what you are playing". I am not banned and have had that friends list setting on since forever. Had SSB as my favorite game this entire time as well.

14. Zekamon

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    I mean I'm also not banned but I'm likely on the banlist.

15. Terryphatro
    OP

Terryphatro Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    France
    Keep in mind this might not affect bans, you guys probably got logged before and maybe Nintendo has multiple ways to find CFW

16. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    I had this option off. I had one where SpotPass was enabled to get new puzzles, banned. Had one where I had it off, not banned.

17. SkyDX

SkyDX Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)

Nov 2, 2007
    Germany
    Wait is Streetpass Mii Plaza a default installed app? I can't find it on my n3DS o.o

18. Zekamon

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    Yes it is. Maybe you have custom badges for those apps so you can't see it. Look in every folder you have.

SkyDX likes this.
  19. soratheultima

soratheultima GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Interesting I Had NO NNID registered. Had the option enabled that my friends can see what I play and no MII registered which obviously means i was not able to use Mii plaza then and i am not banned. My brothers USA Galaxy N3DSXL had all of these options enabled including mii plaza sharing and IS banned. We both used freeshop and I frequently used more homebrew than him (Including FBI and stuff).

20. Shinusagi

Shinusagi Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Argentina
    I NEVER opened it, I did it just now to check and since I never played it there wasn't any option set. I am not sure THAT is the main cause of ban but it seems Nintendo simply decided to check the titles or tickets used somehow and they were able to gather that info regardless these options.