Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
So, the latsest manga by Death Note creators Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata is over. I was wondering what everyone thought.

Personally, I loved it. I thought it was a great way to end a fantastic series.

What'd everyone else think?

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted-236924

I downloaded the entire first season + the first 12 episodes from season 2 after reading the first tome.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The ending caught me off-guard. I thought it had another chapter at least. Also, y u no show teh wedding [or indeed what happened after]??? I mean, there's been so much build-up, right? Could prob have done with another page at least, to settle everything.

It was a fantastic series, though.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
The ending was fairly satisfying and I liked it, but like Shinigami said, there could have been more stuff such as the wedding and perhaps an epilogue showing the future or something(Cliche, but would have been interesting nonetheless.)
I am gonna miss this series so much ;O;
The authors should totally make a manga out of the various ideas present within Bakuman next~

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, the ending was a bit sudden, but it was nice how the ended it the way it started.

At Azuki's house, over the gate.

I found it heartwarming and hopeful. I can't wait for their next series.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like other people I would have liked a wedding, if only on one page. A x years later... where they show everybody quickly and there kids might have been nice too (like in maison ikkoku), since it was all rather abrupt.

Still though, looking forwrd to the next series, they are 2/2 in my book.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
To be honest, they sort of subtly pointed towards this direction with the whole 'we're going to end Reversi as a masterpiece' thing. I mean, they already said that it was pointless to drag on Reversi after the fight between Schwarz and Weiss, and the main driving point of the manga was Mashiro and Azuki's long love story.

But I agree that the ending was not the most satisfactory. It had symbolism, with the house and all, and it came a full circle, but the ending was somewhat open. Who knows? couples break up all the time, even the closest of them. I think showing their wedding or their life after the wedding would be a great kind of closure.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ending was sudden and was somewhat satisfactory, but I believe there might be an extra chapter in the last tankōbon (graphic novels) showing an epilouge or something, like most manga series, so we'll have to wait and see.

But nonetheless it was a satisfying ending, really enjoyed the manga and now it's time to start watching the anime. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes