Hacking Bah.... i give up(pretty sure I screwed up beyond repair)

Kevin_5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my wii on launch. I decided to mess around with hacking back in the 3.2u days. I was happy with it, and it did just about everything i wanted to.

Than i say the USB loader, and thought now would be a good time to clear out all my current hacks and start over with a 4.1(or 4.2) update. I virgined my wii as well as i was able to, than started to follow this guide... I got up to the part where i install The Trucha Bug stuff... Half way through, my homebrew channel turned upside down.

Anyone got some advise? And yeah, i googled the symptoms and see people saying to use dop ios to restore ios 36... I tried and it loads fine, but after i exit back to homebrew, my thing is still upside down.

This is so ridiculously frustrating. I have softmoded the original Xbox(including adding a new hard drive), hard and soft moded PS2's, use carts on the DS, soft moded the PSP, etc... and none have ever given me 1/10th as much trouble as the wii.

Edit-Oh, on the off chance someone wants to help me(and i REALLY would appreciate it.) could you please assume i have a totally blank SD card? I cleared it all out when i was trying to 'start fresh'.

sunshine97

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Easy, firstly, do NOT uninstall any cIOS or do anything else.

What you need to do is just uninstall the homebrew channel, and reinstall it again. That's all there is to it.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
sorry, i disagree. Although ur method will work, u may end up taking the trucha bug out of IOS36, which is not a great idea. Install a non-trucha patched IOS61 (dop-ios), then reinstall homebrew (it will install to IOS61)

why? my ios36 isnt patched and it doesnt cause me a single bit of trouble.

as far as the homebrew channel goes, it usually runs of ios36 or 55 for 3.2 and 3.4, and for 4.0+ ios61.

easiest way is to simply check by pressing home. whatever ios it says there needs to be untouched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night