Hacking Backup saves and Install Atmosphere

DieguinhoMeteBala

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just got my switch back from maintenance, it was sent there because of a orange screen problem and a NAND chip replacement was done in order to solve it.
Since I won't be able to use the same SXOS license to hack it again, here's what I want to do:

-Backup my saves;
-Hack it with Atmosphere and install a EmuNAND;
-Clean the SysNAND to play online. I don't know exactly what was done to it on the maintenance but I know the SysNAND isn't clean. Here is what is found on the SD card (see image).
SAVE_20190928_174436.jpg

Any recommendations on how to do it?

Last edited by DieguinhoMeteBala,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my switch back from maintenance, it was sent there because of a orange screen problem and a NAND chip replacement was done in order to solve it.
Since I won't be able to use the same SXOS license to hack it again, here's what I want to do:

-Backup my saves;
-Hack it with Atmosphere and install a EmuNAND;
-Clean the SysNAND to play online. I don't know exactly what was done to it on the maintenance but I know the SysNAND isn't clean. Here is what is found on the SD card (see image).
View attachment 180871

Any recommendations on how to do it?
Well you can backup your saves with either Checkpoint or EdiZon and if you don't want to resort to homebrew, Nintendo has their cloud saving service. Since you used SX OS on it, setting up Atmosphere is basically the same process but with different files. However there is no way I know of to clean the sysMMC.

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When you create the emunand, your sysnand is copied over. So that would include all the saves as well. (at least it is like that with SXOS, I assume atmosphere/hekate does it the same way).

To clean the sysnand after that, the ideal thing is to restore an old, clean backup. If you don’t have that, rebuilding a clean image for restoring might be your best bet. Or a factory wipe, but that will not delete all error logs etc. from what I read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up