Backup/Retail game Update-- Prevent Brick

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by phantasmik, Oct 20, 2009.

Oct 20, 2009
  1. phantasmik
    OP

Newcomer phantasmik Member

United States
    So I followed http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 and it worked flawlessly. (I am rather noobish I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question)

I did have a question about Backups if anyone could help me out. I know I can run WiiBrickBlock on the ISO images of the backups, however when when I purchase a retail game, should I not use it until I created a backup and ran WiiBrickBlock on the ISO?

If anyone could help me out with an answer on this one, that would be great!

Im not sure if StarFall would work or not in conjunction with the Mod I used on the link above? anyone know?

2. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    just launch the retail game from a loader.
    It wont update.
    And if your paranoid, clear your wireless internet in your wii settings.

3. leemufc

Member leemufc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    im thinking install preloader and enable skip update disc if you want to play a game through the disc channel

4. phantasmik
    OP

United States
    Ok so it sounds like just enabling WiFi when I want to use an online service is the best option?

Is it a bad idea to ever play a game online? It sounds like this doesnt happen to often (a game bricking the system)

The i used Backup Loader 0.3 btw

5. phantasmik
    OP

United States
    Sorry for being a newbie but,

the way it is worded that the only "updates" that can break my Wii from running a retail or game through Backup Launcher is if they were not NTSC....

if I stick to only NTSC do I not need to worry about BrickBlocker or StarFall and can run them with Wifi enabled/ play online

Thanks in advance

6. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    just launch the retail from a loader, use Neogamma R7, cIOS249 rev14, and you'll be able to play online also, with no worries for updates, and if it does ask to update, by chance, just shut off the Wii.
    No harm done...................

7. phantasmik
    OP

United States
    Installed Preloader v0.3 R4, Worked like a charm disabled system and game updates from downloading but can still be on WIFI

Thanks guys