Hacking Question Backup my NAND or not?

CaptSpeirs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased a used Switch which I learned was not patched and can be Jail broken, so I did. I foolishly injected fusee-primary without backing up my NAND first. My question is, should I back up my NAND anyway or forget it? I really don't care if my Switch gets banned (changed my dns setting already) I just think it might help to backup my NAND in case something goes wrong. I also would like to use a 128 GB SD card formatted in exfat.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to have a NAND backup to recover from certain types of bricks. Backup your NAND now.

Also, do not use exFAT. FAT32 is highly recommended since exFAT is a lot more likely to become corrupt.

CaptSpeirs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Right now at least you have a usable NAND. If one day an update or rogue software screw up your Switch you will be glad to have a working backup.

That's what I thought, thanks for the quick reply.

You need to have a NAND backup to recover from certain types of bricks. Backup your NAND now.

Also, do not use exFAT. FAT32 is highly recommended since exFAT is a lot more likely to become corrupt.

Will do the backup. I thought of using exFAT so I wouldn't have files split over 4 GB with FAT32 or does that not matter.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought, thanks for the quick reply.

Will do the backup. I thought of using exFAT so I wouldn't have files split over 4 GB with FAT32 or does that not matter.
Installing over USB, FTP, or internet connection (e.g. HBG) is recommended for various reasons.

If you just have to install from an NSP file located on the SD card, which is inefficient, you can split it.

CaptSpeirs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing over USB, FTP, or internet connection (e.g. HBG) is recommended for various reasons.

If you just have to install from an NSP file located on the SD card, which is inefficient, you can split it.

My concern is dumping games I own onto the SD card.

layzMich3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump NAND to exFAT then Switch it to FAT32. Honestly found it to be much faster. On FAT32 when `I was dumping NAND it took ~45 minutes for 40% or something, on exFAT it went MUCH faster and took about ~30 minutes for a full backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald