Hacking Backup Launcher Not Running

Duskman0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I have the Wiigator Backup Launcher version gamma 0.3, and for some reason it doesn't work... I click run and it just goes to a black screen... so I redownload it, and the same thing happens... If it matters my Wii's current version is 4.2U and all of my other Homebrew apps work. I don't actually use the Backup Launcher for Backups, I use it to run my official copies of a PAL Wii game, a Japanese Wii game with the 002 error, and a PAL Wii game with the 002 error... so if there is some other app that can run games with the 002 error and can let me play PAL games without owning a PAL TV like the Wiigator Backup Launcher could, I wouldn't need to fix the problem, I could just get that new app, sadly I don't know if such an app exists... And if that is not the case then I would really need to fix the problem because I have been wanting to play One Piece Unlimited Cruise all day.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Delete the backup launcher. It's hopelessly outdated. For your purpose use the latest Gecko OS. 002 has been fixed for a LONG time. The Backup Launcher isn't working because your cIOS has been stubbed.

Duskman0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but can I run PAL games with the newest GeckOS? Cause if it doesn't have the settings to make the PAL format work on my TV (if you have ever played a PAL import on a US system you know EXACTLY what I mean)

Duskman0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't kept up to date with any of this stuff since I first got homebrew so yeah I am probly a year, or two... out of the loop

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duskman0 said:
yes, but can I run PAL games with the newest GeckOS? Cause if it doesn't have the settings to make the PAL format work on my TV (if you have ever played a PAL import on a US system you know EXACTLY what I mean)
Yes you can. In fact, ANY loader can do that

Duskman0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Duskman0 said:
Yes you can. In fact, ANY loader can do that

yea, like I said... years out of the loop... in fact I hardly knew anything about Homebrew back then... and I still kinda don't, anyway thanks for all of your help everyone, and sorry for wasting your time with my uber noobish question

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, a while ago I bricked my wii running mysims kingdom with wiigator's loader... DON'T use it, my wii is still dead. (Or hopefully sleeping)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.wsoctv.com/news/trending/apple-working-fix-bug-causing-iphone-alarm-issues/VGXCCGHWOF...