Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OriginalHamster said:
djtaz said:
backuplauncher works on ios249 - if you dont have it , or ios247 with the modified launcher by wiipower it wont work

with backuplauncher you mean backup loader channel right?

So there's no chances to install cios-fix and getting it work with the backup launcher aka Channel?

I always thought that cios-fix replace the IOS249.
it does. but cios_fix is based upon wanins cios ios36 v5 and has a dip-module (responsible for dvd-access) which is not compatible with backup loader v3. neither the channel nor the .dol version.

if you want to use backup loader v3 you should use cios v6 with read retry fix. you can find that one here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107...t&p=1496400

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Screemer said:
it does. but cios_fix is based upon wanins cios ios36 v5 and has a dip-module (responsible for dvd-access) which is not compatible with backup loader v3. neither the channel nor the .dol version.

if you want to use backup loader v3 you should use cios v6 with read retry fix. you can find that one here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107...t&p=1496400

I have the cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad, it comes with the read-retry fix ready?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
Screemer said:

I have the cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad, it comes with the read-retry fix ready?

yes, I should know, cause I packed it.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I see, massive thanks guys, the read error must be problem of the game compatibility itself, or a bad dump.

happy.gif

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For any who havent seen the latest post from wiigator on the .3 beta thread...

The next version will be called Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma:
- It will use the newer G****OS
- It includes support for the rebooter, so 1:1 backups are working with the disc channel (Including newer titles).
- Dual layer may not work.

Current state is:
"de Blob" works on PAL
"Star Wars - Force unleashed" seems to work on NTSC.
"Star Wars - Force unleashed" doesn't work on PAL.

I need more time to fix it.

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Today i did a fresh new install of all of my apps and IOS's in hopes of using Gators 0.3 on IOS 247 and 0.1 on 249.
While i was setting everything up i came to a stand still as a result of my IOS247 Installer not installing and instead getting a code dump.
So i looked at other ideas to get both running and finally got both running on IOS249 with only needing 1 loader.
Has anyone else got this working as well?
I thought you needed them to be on two different IOS's but i guess i have proved myself wrong.

I have tested first on DeBlob and MLB Power Pros which are 2 games that dont work on 0.3 and got them playing with no problem. Next i used Tiger Woods 09 which i know would not work on the 0.1 loader and it plays just fine.
All of these games were played on the same loader and IOS 249.

nate1579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to be a bother on the list it says that mario party 8 works i try to load it up i get a green screen and it freezes how are yall getting it to work i have a ntsc console and mario party 8 pal

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
So let me get this straight.

By the sounds of it and after much searching over the various threads, is this what is required to get 0.1 and 0.3 working simultaneously?

1) Un-install any CIOS's, whatever way you choose, through WAD Manager, or ATD
2) Un-install DVDx
3) So start from fresh basically, maybe even do Any Region Changer and have nothing else there.
4) Install CIOS Rev 6 (which I can't find to save myself, all I can find now is the new 247 version)
5) install DVDx to 249 in advanced settings
6) install the weegee channel or whatever it is called, the one that allows both loaders to work at the same time

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Also can someone get the CIOS's and rename them if possible, to easier to understand names and have a link where they can be listed chronilogically so we can choose what we need. Something like this:

1) CIOS Rev 6 (249)
2) CIOS Rev 5 (249)

1) CIOS Rev 6 (247)
2) CIOS Rev 5 (247)

1) Wiigator Loader 0.1
2) Wiigator Loader 0.3
3) Waninkoko Loader 0.1

I hope that makes sense. Basically a page that isn't a thread, just a page like a wiki, with every files that has been released in order and with a description. I would do all this but I am totally confused as to what is what and where to get them

Like I said in previous posts, it's unbelievably confusing. Everyone is linking back and forward to threads with advice to read this and that. It's not working and is causing problems and confusion.

Anyhoo, if someone wants to chat to me properly about it I am happy to try sort it out with them. I am sure for anyone wanting to help code new stuff it would also help.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok whats the deal i go on vacation and every thing goes nuts some one recap 4 me ive got the og v.3 he released any thing new?

noticed that v.1 and 3 working 2gether is this in a wad

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tried Warioware (PAL) (1:1) on multiplayer?
For some reason it doesnt work for me.
I notice the 2nd wiimote just switches off whenever I boot the game, and it wont come back on.
Can anyone please say whether it works for them or not?
Thanks!

funkedelic_bob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This may be a stupid question... But when you burn the ISO does it mater what the name of the ISO is? Like does it have to use the Disc ID of the game? Or can it be anything like "LOLZORS I LOVE MARIO KART.ISO"?

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MainframeF4 said:
Today i did a fresh new install of all of my apps and IOS's in hopes of using Gators 0.3 on IOS 247 and 0.1 on 249.
While i was setting everything up i came to a stand still as a result of my IOS247 Installer not installing and instead getting a code dump.
So i looked at other ideas to get both running and finally got both running on IOS249 with only needing 1 loader.
Has anyone else got this working as well?
I thought you needed them to be on two different IOS's but i guess i have proved myself wrong.

I have tested first on DeBlob and MLB Power Pros which are 2 games that dont work on 0.3 and got them playing with no problem. Next i used Tiger Woods 09 which i know would not work on the 0.1 loader and it plays just fine.
All of these games were played on the same loader and IOS 249.

sorry for my disbelief, but are you SURE deblob is working fully for you (in other words, are you SURE it's being run by the 0.1 loader's codebase)? because for me deblob sometimes works on 0.3 but tends to die after a while, where in 0.1 it would work (as far as I can recall) forever.

the definitive (IMHO) way to know if you're really running 0.1 when you "think" you're running it is by looking at how fast videos play and games load, and of course definitely if you have games that don't work at all under 0.3 and they now work for you then obviously you've got both loaders working simultaneously.

Like you, I didn't think it was possible for 0.1 to work as anything other than 0.3 using ios 249, so I'm rather confused now, but that's good news for sure.

I'd love to get them both running, there are games I had under 0.1 that don't work under 0.3 for me. Luckily I own all the games I test with ;-) (well, I DO own around 40 legit games for my wii, and NATURALLY I've only ever used those for my tests)

Cheers

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just real want to thank a lot of the vets on this thread at times u answered the ? when a million times also the numerous liknks people posted so from the bottom of my gaming hart THANKYOU wii gator wan keep it up look foward to the new

joe90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick couple of questions, as there are soooo many threads with so much static in them its hard to see the wood for the trees..

1) A friend has updated his console to the latest euro FW, can the HBC still be added?
2) On mine the Backup Loader 0.3, Wiigater 0.3 both work, but Wiigee 0.3 give an error on loading? is this because im missing a CISO? just have 249 (i think)

Cheers

/edit.

for 1 can i, do the zelda hack, but run a downgrader instead of installing the HBC (which you cannot) to 3.2E? then carry on as normal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)