djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Patryc said:
Great Backup Loader FAQ djtaz! If only people would READ it, then they wouldn't need to ask the same questions over and over.

*sigh* dont i know ! (and thanks btw - couldnt have put it up without everyone else answering most of the questions on it - so many here have helped id be listing names all day )

rajnika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Screemer said:
your argument is stupid. the guys at nintendo and other devs are payed for their work. the guys involved here won't get nothing but respect out of the community. how could you get respect if you aren't even mentioned. the banner is made by ShadownMose, the loader is made by WiiGator, that one is based up on Geckoos by nuke and the source code by waninkoko, the channel it self was created by Tgames.

so you can see how many ppl put there time in it. we know that (especially)nuke and waninkoko don't wanna be mentioned. but at least the creator of the banner should get his credits in his banner. it's his banner. nobody asked him, if the credits could be removed. it's his work, time and effort. so just give him what he deserves.

what would you think, if you had created a nice looking graffiti with your signature under it and somebody else would just spray over your sig.?

I agree with that. But i don't like seeing "credits" on graphics. Why not juste make a credits menu inside the channel like apps from HBC Channel ? I think it's cleaner.
smile.gif

Edit : However, creators deserve to be ASKED first if they wanna be named, if they wanna take off credits from banners and stuffs.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rajnika said:
I agree with that. But i don't like seeing "credits" on graphics. Why not juste make a credits menu inside the channel like apps from HBC Channel ? I think it's cleaner.
smile.gif

that's a good suggestion, i agree with that. i think as soon as wiigators new luncher is ready he should do a contest for a nice looking banner and sound, like they did for the hbc. the other thing is, that with the new loader its not necessary to have a separate channel because you can start backups with the disc channel. but i wouldn't be the only one appreciating an official backuploader channel, similar to the disc channel.

but right now all the channels created are "hacked" together, with injection tools and stuff like that. without intending to step on someone's toes nearly non of the guys building channels know how to create an extra menu point within the existing source to extend the loader with such a point.

Shadowmoses said:
QUOTEthe banner is made by ShadownMose

sorry but it's shadowmoses (not shadownmoses!) like in a famous game:

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Shadowmoses.jpg
i am sorry! just copied the nick out of an other post.

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't scrubbed games just a compressed version where the garbage (Blank) data is ignored so it can be transferred easier then back to normal when it's unrar'd?
Case in point...

IGOR

RAR 658 MB
UNRAR 4,699 MB

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MCBarkingSpoon said:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't scrubbed games just a compressed version where the garbage (Blank) data is ignored so it can be transferred easier then back to normal when it's unrar'd?
Case in point...

IGOR

RAR 685 MB
UNRAR 4,699 MB
you are right about that. but why are you asking in the loader thread and not in a thread about scrubber?

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
MCBarkingSpoon said:
Case in point...

IGOR

RAR 685 MB
UNRAR 4,699 MB
you are right about that. but why are you asking in the loader thread and not in a thread about scrubber?

Hey, Sheriff Buford T. Justice. this was part of the discussion in the thread.

india3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
@screemer

has it been confirmed that the new loader works through the disc channel?

sorry if that's been answered before, but i didn't see it confirmed by anybody and i've been reading since the pages were in the 80s....

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
india3 said:
@screemer

has it been confirmed that the new loader works through the disc channel?

sorry if that's been answered before, but i didn't see it confirmed by anybody and i've been reading since the pages were in the 80s....

AFAIK it doesnt work via the Disc Channel, but WiiGator is looking to do it at some stage with a future release

R!zyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there! I have big problem. Every time when I want to patch the game it give me error message
frown.gif
I tried every backup-creator what exist... Do I need something special? What is DVDX? I read I don´t need it. I tried GUI version but unsuccesfuly. Where is the problem?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that's what i had in the back of my head. maybe i am wrong. i'll go a few pages back and do some reading. maybe i can find the post which made me think it will.

€dit: feidhlim1986 thanks for the correction. maybe i misinterpreted a post where somebody was talking about future releases.

R!zyk said:
Hi there! I have big problem. Every time when I want to patch the game it give me error message
frown.gif
I tried every backup-creator what exist... Do I need something special? What is DVDX? I read I don´t need it. I tried GUI version but unsuccesfuly. Where is the problem?
ask your question in the thread in my signature, please.

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good morning everyone. i have a question that I know hasn't been asked. is releasing the source code to these loaders a good idea? does open source = faster action to disable it by nintendo? can't they look at the source code and know what to include in the next update to make it useless?

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
deervark said:
good morning everyone. i have a question that I know hasn't been asked. is releasing the source code to these loaders a good idea? does open source = faster action to disable it by nintendo? can't they look at the source code and know what to include in the next update to make it useless?
In some ways you're right. Nintendo could look at the source code and see what hey have to update to make it useless. However, they could get the same information by just reverse engineering the binary, which is even easier for Nintendo, since they made the console and know exactly how it works.
On the other hand, if the loader is open-source, then in the event of an update, ANYONE can go and look for a new exploit or a different working method to make it work again.
Also, I don't think the source code for the Twilight Hack has ever been released (I could be wrong....) and yet Nintendo still released an update, rendering that version of the Twilight Hack useless. On the other hand, within 12 hours or so, a new exploit was found and the Twilight Hack still works like a charm today.
So I don't think we'll have to fear for an update from Nintendo rendering the loader useless, even if the source code is released. And you can always just not install the udpate......

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the security flaws the loaders make use of are already public. there where even reported to nintendo before they have been made public. so it doesn't matter if or if not the source code will be released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...