Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another Noob Question. About the Wii DVD Dumper. I posted in that thread, but noone seems to want to answer it.

To get it to work. I just need change the file from a dol to a boot, and place in my sd directory. I do not need to make other folders in my apps? Just wanted to make sure.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To get the Wii DVD loader working you need to do a few things - here is a bit of info from the HOWTO that i keep asking people to read over and over and over and over and ... well you get the point (its in my sig- all files are in the zip)

Stage 4 : (Optional) Backup a game from the wii
1. Start up the wii and go to the homebrew channel
2. Go to the WAD manager and install IOS5 and restart
3. Go to to Homebrew channel once again and select Wii DVD Dumper (This is by Waninkoko v1.2)
4. Select Wifi Network Backup
5. Select the game type - usually Wii Single Layer
6. On your PC/Laptop , open Firefox (IE may give errors -10056) and type in the link the Wii gives you
7. Wait 4-5 hours and you have a ISO for yourself
biggrin.gif
(dependant on your wifi speeds)

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Guys,

I have an NTSC Wii and have had success with NTSC backups. But what do I do if I want to try a PAL iso on my NTSC wii?

Will that work okay?

Thanks,

HS

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
TheWon said:
Another Noob Question. About the Wii DVD Dumper. I posted in that thread, but noone seems to want to answer it.

To get it to work. I just need change the file from a dol to a boot, and place in my sd directory. I do not need to make other folders in my apps? Just wanted to make sure.

you need to rename the .dol or .elf to boot.dol or boot.elf eg. i've downloaded the app and the copied to my folder SD:apps/DVD_Dumper but the name of the .dol (or .elf) is dvddumper.dol (or .elf), so i just select the file, wait a few seconds and then click it again, now I can rename the file to:

boot.dol (or .elf)

1guana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fishears said:
Can somebody help with this problem: I've successfully patched a handful of ISO's using Waninkoko's backup-creator.exe on Linux (Ubuntu) BUT I keep trying Mario Kart PAL and Resident Evil 4 PAL and the result is always the same -> they look like they patched OK but when I open the ISO to burn it says Unknown Image Type and wants to burn to a CD (even though the size looks fine). So far it's only happened with these 2 games but I've tried 3 different MK ISO's. The ones that work for me load into Nero as DVD images and burn just fine... If you need any more details please ask. Thanks guys.

PS I've also tried Wiigator's extractpartition but the resultant ISO is still not burnable.
I had the same problem with Resi4 PAL (patched with backup-creator.exe) and ImgBurn under WindowsXP. I then used another burning tool (Burn4free) with success.
Maybe there's a hidden option or command switch for ImgBurn to skip the image check and force burning?

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
If you were using Ubuntu to burn, do not open the ISOs, just have Brasero load them when using Image>Disc and itĺl skip the check.

(And use dvd+rw-tools to change booktype if necessary)

ghaldos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help me out I have naruto gekitou ninja taisen ex 2 burnt off and it loads up fine but there is a blue screen that comes up after the wii screen and will not go past it. Does anyone have an idea how to get past this?

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ghaldos said:
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help me out I have naruto gekitou ninja taisen ex 2 burnt off and it loads up fine but there is a blue screen that comes up after the wii screen and will not go past it. Does anyone have an idea how to get past this?

According to the compatibility list, users have noted that it works fine. try re burning it at a slower speed or using a better DVD brand

ghaldos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply Motoko I actually already tried to burn it a slower speed and better media. I was a little vague about the error that comes up. I tried having the nunchuck plugged in and not and get a different error message but as I can't read japanese have no clue on what it's saying but if I were to make a guess it's something telling you to plug in the nunchuck or something like that.

Moon_child

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought No More Heroes(PAL) but I didn't knew that the PAL version is censored real badly.(No blood whatsoever). I also found out that the NTSC version just has blood and stuff. So I was wondering, if it's possible to run a backup from the NTSC version on a PAL Wii?

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
To get the Wii DVD loader working you need to do a few things - here is a bit of info from the HOWTO that i keep asking people to read over and over and over and over and ... well you get the point (its in my sig- all files are in the zip)

Stage 4 : (Optional) Backup a game from the wii
1. Start up the wii and go to the homebrew channel
2. Go to the WAD manager and install IOS5 and restart
3. Go to to Homebrew channel once again and select Wii DVD Dumper (This is by Waninkoko v1.2)
4. Select Wifi Network Backup
5. Select the game type - usually Wii Single Layer
6. On your PC/Laptop , open Firefox (IE may give errors -10056) and type in the link the Wii gives you
7. Wait 4-5 hours and you have a ISO for yourself
biggrin.gif
(dependant on your wifi speeds)

Thanks and sorry. I thought your zip only covered the backup loader. I didn't know it was How to for all Homebrew.

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moon_child said:
I bought No More Heroes(PAL) some time ago, but I didn't knew until recently, that the PAL version is censored real badly.(No blood whatsoever). I also found out that the NTSC version just has blood and stuff. So I was wondering, if it's possible to run a backup from the NTSC version on a PAL Wii?
Yes

Moon_child

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YellowYoYos said:
Moon_child said:
I bought No More Heroes(PAL) some time ago, but I didn't knew until recently, that the PAL version is censored real badly.(No blood whatsoever). I also found out that the NTSC version just has blood and stuff. So I was wondering, if it's possible to run a backup from the NTSC version on a PAL Wii?
Yes
Do I have to use any of the special settings you can switch on like Force NTSC for example?

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ghaldos said:
thanks for the reply Motoko I actually already tried to burn it a slower speed and better media. I was a little vague about the error that comes up. I tried having the nunchuck plugged in and not and get a different error message but as I can't read japanese have no clue on what it's saying but if I were to make a guess it's something telling you to plug in the nunchuck or something like that.

the blue screen asks you to allow it to make a saved game on your wii. If you have problems getting past it, try downloading a saved game online and copying it to the wii.

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
Moon_child said:
YellowYoYos said:
Moon_child said:
Yes
Do I have to use any of the special settings you can switch on like Force NTSC for example?
If you're trying to play an NTSC game on a PAL Wii, you'd obviously use one of the PAL Force methods. Not sure which though.. Force NTSC would be for playing games properly on an NTSC system.

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerxer said:
Moon_child said:
YellowYoYos said:
Moon_child said:
Yes
If you're trying to play an NTSC game on a PAL Wii, you'd obviously use one of the PAL Force methods. Not sure which though.. Force NTSC would be for playing games properly on an NTSC system.
Indeed, and if Force PAL dont work, you may have to convery NTSC to PAL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interiors the download, goog ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interiors the download...