Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
famousginni said:
Well, I am ready to wait for the launcher and i encourage everyone to wait so that it is more stable and less errors are produced. Oh , and if u want the launcher u might not want to upgrade.

BTW For those who upgraded can't they just downgrade using the downgrader appication by Waninkoko if they have it installed.
But if they don't have it installed then there is nothing they can do.

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick question...has anyone tried Spiderman: Web of Shadows (NTSC) with the Backup Loader? I tried it and it doesn't seem to work, but I'd like to see if anyone else has had problems with it before I try to reburn it.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trilkin said:
Miles said:
Don't get me wrong Darkkenfox, I'm not naming people or anything, but from what I've seen in the Wii hacking and PSP hacking scene is that people want everything but never give.
It's human nature I guess though.
Also I can't lie, I'd love to be playing around with the ISO loader right about now, but I think the best way to get it done fast (and right) is to keep it closed for now.

Actually, keeping your pool of beta testers small gets things done much slower, especially if they're not chosen for their technical know-how. Releasing it to the public WILL attract people with better knowledge of the hardware.
I can see where you're coming from, but judging the people in this thread and the people who spead the first leak, I just don't know.

Ultimately it's up to Wiigator, but if there is one thing we can agree on, it's that he could use a bigger pool of beta testers.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trilkin said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
Stuff, but I'm not replying to the stuff that was in this post.

Your signature is dumb and is just flame bait. You really oughta change it.

Edit: That goes for anyone with a 'WHEN IT'S DONE!!11' signature. Right, we know. You know who else said 'when it's done?' These guys. (not a rickroll this time, promise) No one takes 'when it's done' seriously anymore.
oOoOoOo "flame bait", i'm sooo scared.
rolleyes.gif
dude i can care less about what you think of my signature

why don't you post something useful and stop adding to the clutter

Trilkin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miles said:
Trilkin said:
Miles said:
Don't get me wrong Darkkenfox, I'm not naming people or anything, but from what I've seen in the Wii hacking and PSP hacking scene is that people want everything but never give.
It's human nature I guess though.
Also I can't lie, I'd love to be playing around with the ISO loader right about now, but I think the best way to get it done fast (and right) is to keep it closed for now.

Actually, keeping your pool of beta testers small gets things done much slower, especially if they're not chosen for their technical know-how. Releasing it to the public WILL attract people with better knowledge of the hardware.
I can see where you're coming from, but judging the people in this thread and the people who spead the first leak, I just don't know.

Ultimately it's up to Wiigator, but if there is one thing we can agree on, it's that he could use a bigger pool of beta testers.

The difference between an official release and a leak is immense. With the sheer amount of eyes that are on this project, he is GUARANTEED to get a meaningful response from the public at this point.

Trilkin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BL4Z3D247 said:
Trilkin said:
BL4Z3D247 said:

Edit: That goes for anyone with a 'WHEN IT'S DONE!!11' signature. Right, we know. You know who else said 'when it's done?' These guys. (not a rickroll this time, promise) No one takes 'when it's done' seriously anymore.
rolleyes.gif

Responding like that just adds to the clutter, and my request is pretty straightforward and valid. All BIG BOLD COLOR LETTERS saying 'WHEN IT'S DONE' does is make you think you're a 'me too!' and doesn't offer anything constructive at all - you know, that thing you just asked me to do? Instead, it gives you the illusion that you're helping out as well as giving you an illusion of being authoritative when, ultimately, you're just another poor schmuck waiting for this thing like the rest of us.

Offering the rather sound advice of releasing now while the going is good and all eyes are on the project is a lot more constructive than telling people 'STOP BOTHERING WIIGATOR U GAIZ!!!!!!!11111' I'm not bothering WiiGator. All he has to do is ignore me, but it doesn't make good advice invalid.

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trilkin said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
Trilkin said:
BL4Z3D247 said:

rolleyes.gif

Responding like that just adds to the clutter, and my request is pretty straightforward and valid. All BIG BOLD COLOR LETTERS saying 'WHEN IT'S DONE' does is make you think you're a 'me too!' and doesn't offer anything constructive at all - you know, that thing you just asked me to do? Instead, it gives you the illusion that you're helping out as well as giving you an illusion of being authoritative when, ultimately, you're just another poor schmuck waiting for this thing like the rest of us.

Offering the rather sound advice of releasing now while the going is good and all eyes are on the project is a lot more constructive than telling people 'STOP BOTHERING WIIGATOR U GAIZ!!!!!!!11111' I'm not bothering WiiGator. All he has to do is ignore me, but it doesn't make good advice invalid.
mah man!

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trilkin said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
Trilkin said:
BL4Z3D247 said:

rolleyes.gif

well if you read any of my previous posts you'd see that 2 or 3 say i'm all for the release right now(duh), but demanding it and going around starting drama over the internet with people you know nothing about won't get you any more of a loader than you currently have... now, are we done?

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People need to shut the fuck up in this thread unless rumors are being dispelled or updates are being logged.

Otherwise it's just wasting everyone's time with whiny bitching, mindless trolling and internet egos.

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, so I'll ask again now that the signature drama seems to be over.

Anyone else tried Spiderman Web of Shadows with the backup loader yet? If so, did it work for you?

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- The number of working 1:1 backups seem to be very high. Old games will not work, because of old IOS (e.g. Twilight Princess and Red Steel).

Can somebody explain this ? so they wouldnt be able to combine thew old IOS into the one that plays new games

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rcolon85 said:
- The number of working 1:1 backups seem to be very high. Old games will not work, because of old IOS (e.g. Twilight Princess and Red Steel).

Can somebody explain this ? so they wouldnt be able to combine thew old IOS into the one that plays new games
Each wii game is made to run on a specific IOS. According to wiigator, games that use IOS21 or lower will not work on the back up loader beta for some reason. It is possible to patch the game to use a higher IOS, though. It'd be more convenient if the loader could load up those games without patching, though.

jam3972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jordan10la said:
famousginni said:
Well, I am ready to wait for the launcher and i encourage everyone to wait so that it is more stable and less errors are produced. Oh , and if u want the launcher u might not want to upgrade.

BTW For those who upgraded can't they just downgrade using the downgrader appication by Waninkoko if they have it installed.
But if they don't have it installed then there is nothing they can do.

even if they have it installed, the update patches all the bugged IOSs and the downgrader wont fix those, thus making you still screwed.

sit tight though I hear a real solution is in the works.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GhostSonic said:
Rcolon85 said:

Each wii game is made to run on a specific IOS. According to wiigator, games that use IOS21 or lower will not work on the back up loader beta for some reason. It is possible to patch the game to use a higher IOS, though. It'd be more convenient if the loader could load up those games without patching, though.

But what does the games need from those IOS versions to run? Why does those games run in the regular disc channel regardless of what newer IOS you have installed? hmmm maybe wiigator (in a later release! lol) or whoever should look into what the games need from the older versions of the IOS. Then maybe he could find a way to emulate whatever is used like the way devhook on the psp use to emulate certain functions of the psp firmwares.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The issue is that WiiGator has had problems reported to him by the beta testers and he cant emulate the problems himself in order to find a fix for them.
If its not broken you cant fix it , but the beta testers are having different issues that cant be seen from his side.

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I'm having a problem with my backup launcher. I was playing an official copy of TP earlier today, went to some websites using the Opera web browser, and then checked the Wii Shop about the update.

Now when I try to use the backup launcher, it just loads to the black screen with "Backup Loader v0.1" at the top and where it should have the different options, nothing is there and it just feezes (can't turn off the system with the Wiimote, have to do it maually and the blue light flashes on the Wiimote then turns off).

What could be wrong? It's a new system (got it about a month ago), it was already on 3.3U. I'm sure it would ask if you wanted it to update the system, and not just do it automatically. I also turned off the wireless connection after checking out the Wii Shop and turned it on again when the launcher wouldn't load (it also asked if I wanted to do the update when it connected, I said no of course).

Also, I can load the homebrew channel, but when I select WAD Manager or anything else, it'll start to load but stop and stay at 0%.

Does it matter if the SD card is in the slot when loading the Backup Launcher? And I also got some error where the screen turned black and had a bunch of rows of numebers when I pushed the reset button on the Backup Loader screen.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smurphyzeke said:
Does it matter if the SD card is in the slot when loading the Backup Launcher? And I also got some error where the screen turned black and had a bunch of rows of numebers when I pushed the reset button on the Backup Loader screen.

It matters if the SD card is missing - is it missing ?

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
smurphyzeke said:

It matters if the SD card is missing - is it missing ?

The first time I tried it, it wasn't in. Then I tried it again with it in and it still didn't work.
I just deleted some stuff off of it because I just got an AceKard today and only had about 7 Mb left, and it still doesn't work.
The SD card also had some NDS games on it when I installed the HBC and Backup Loader, if that makes any difference.
I'll try to figure it out tomorrow. Would you suggest I format all the things and start from scratch?
Thanks for your fast response.

blackbrew

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
abc.moc
XP
Country
Netherlands
if i format my SD card and erase twilight the saved data and homebrew channel from the wii, is that like cleaning to zero point ? or there will be some things in the wii it self that it can't be undon ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Anymore males there? :blush: