Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
smurphyzeke, I guess if you have wiiconnect24 enabled it will update your wii silently, not sure about that though.

Anyway, can you access Wii Shop Channel without the update warning? If so, then your Wii got patched and maybe that's why you are having those issues.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I disabled wiiconnect24 last night and noticed that there was a yellow light on my wii today.

what the hack? i sure hope there was no auto update going on, that would be ... mean
frown.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blackbrew said:
if i format my SD card and erase twilight the saved data and homebrew channel from the wii, is that like cleaning to zero point ? or there will be some things in the wii it self that it can't be undon ?

You will also need to remove dvdx and any custom iso's on your wii

blackbrew

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
abc.moc
XP
Country
Netherlands
djtaz said:
blackbrew said:
if i format my SD card and erase twilight the saved data and homebrew channel from the wii, is that like cleaning to zero point ? or there will be some things in the wii it self that it can't be undon ?

thx man, can you hook me up with the apps needed

shazattaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gonna have to agree with everything Trilkin said a couple pages back.

Just release 0.3 and use this one as a public beta, I can tell you that the bitching and demanding will die down by at least 50%. From the way the testers are putting it, it seems like a complete product so why make us wait?

Rugapand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
shazattaz said:

Just release 0.3 and use this one as a public beta, I can tell you that the bitching and demanding will die down by at least 50%. From the way the testers are putting it, it seems like a complete product so why make us wait?
Two words: Quality control

blackbrew

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
abc.moc
XP
Country
Netherlands
blackbrew said:
djtaz said:
blackbrew said:

thx man, can you hook me up with the apps needed

got them
grog.gif

Trilkin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rugapand said:
shazattaz said:

Quality control on a mostly finished, unauthorized product when you have a legion of people willing to beta test it? Remember, this is free software we're talking about here. It's more advantageous for him to release a public beta than to withhold it.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trilkin said:
Rugapand said:
shazattaz said:

Quality control on a mostly finished, unauthorized product when you have a legion of people willing to beta test it? Remember, this is free software we're talking about here. It's more advantageous for him to release a public beta than to withhold it.
You have a 10 post count here - you havent helped anyone to date and now you expect the people who have been working away on a product to do as you say ? Quite blunty SHUT THE FUCK UP until you have contributed to the site or the project and keep your greedy ass opinion to yourself.
Im sick to death of people thinking that because someone is working on something that they HAVE to release it to the public.

WiiGator has put a lot of work into this and unhelpful muppets like you will not and cannot dictate to him or the rest of the contributiong community.
You get a voice of input when you help with the existing lanucher but until then your opinions are just greedy wafflings so again STFU

Rugapand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trilkin said:
Rugapand said:
shazattaz said:

Not if he doesn't feel sure about it being as good as it could be, it will be released soon anyways.

Rugapand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Trilkin said:
Rugapand said:
shazattaz said:

You have a 10 post count here - you havent helped anyone to date and now you expect the people who have been working away on a product to do as you say ? Quite blunty SHUT THE FUCK UP until you have contributed to the site or the project and keep your greedy ass opinion to yourself.
Im sick to death of people thinking that because someone is working on something that they HAVE to release it to the public.

WiiGator has put a lot of work into this and unhelpful muppets like you will not and cannot dictate to him or the rest of the contributiong community.
You get a voice of input when you help with the existing lanucher but until then your opinions are just greedy wafflings so again STFU
Mine was a remarke as to why he SHOULDN'T release it.....

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bootsector said:
smurphyzeke, I guess if you have wiiconnect24 enabled it will update your wii silently, not sure about that though.

nope it wont.

@harryk

the yellow light means wii connect 24 is on not off or updating.

also, 10 mins before rock band pal ISO arrives on computer. i'll be able to test it with 0.1 soon as its patched with all instruments.

smile.gif
thought it might be a good idea coz i havent seen it around yet

amiga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really know why he shouldn't release it, for what we know the beta 3 is working with 90% of the games, it seems old games don't work but to find how to resolve that can take much longer because the problem seems to be with old games calling different IOS so unless you patch all the different IOS has a difficult solution, I think.

Another thing is that is working close to real speed and even working with non patched games so even if it isn't close to be perfect, never it's gonna be perfect.

Many people including betatesters and people that don't want this version released, tried the leaked beta or wiigator first beta even if we knew it had many problems and this beta seems to be many times much better than first beta, so release it and say the problems it has and leave the people decide what they want to do.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so the launcher isnt going to work for 10% of older games that you've probably already finished? its not like they havent been out long enough is it?

if i wanted to play an older game like tp badly a solution is bound to pop up in the end.

if it turns out that instead of being built into the loader itself, it requires a patcher to fix the IOS of the games then what really is the big deal? havent we had to patch all the games for the current loader? no one seems to have been bothered about that.

about to patch RB now and test on 0.1 btw
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Trilkin said:
Rugapand said:
shazattaz said:

it is more avantageous for nobody except your own ass, releasing unpolished application generally only bring TONS of unneeded questions/bug reports from noobs and tends to get the developper even more slowing down

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
mikeyt1998 said:
so the launcher isnt going to work for 10% of older games that you've probably already finished? its not like they havent been out long enough is it?

if i wanted to play an older game like tp badly a solution is bound to pop up in the end.

if it turns out that instead of being built into the loader itself, it requires a patcher to fix the IOS of the games then what really is the big deal? havent we had to patch all the games for the current loader? no one seems to have been bothered about that.

about to patch RB now and test on 0.1 btw
smile.gif

Rockband without plastic instruments is pretty useless but anyway go test it

blackbrew

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
abc.moc
XP
Country
Netherlands
does any one have a list of IOS's that the Wii originaly has ?
i'm using anytitle deleter and i just wanna know what are the thing that i added to remove them

thanks

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
blackbrew said:
does any one have a list of IOS's that the Wii originaly has ?
i'm using anytitle deleter and i just wanna know what are the thing that i added to remove them

thanks
it has 1-2 3-51(note that there may be large gaps between IOS versions) IOS 5 and 249 are hacked versions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.