Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell does Menu Loader do anyway?

Is it new? Who made it? Is it another Backup Loader that loads from the disc channel? What's its compatibility like? Does it work with patched/unpatched games? What kinds of discs can it read?

This was all sprung on me unexpectedly.
huh.gif

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it just shows the games' banners? I was wondering why Linkinworm didn't press the start button. lol

Hmm...that could be beneficial to Wiigator and Waninkoko, though.

If they can get in touch with the people who made Menu Loader, then maybe some code could be combined and altered and we could be on our way to making games boot from the disc channel.
biggrin.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, back to my question... does anyone know how to get this to run? I've done everything I can think of... do you need a special IOS installed?

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Got a question about Menu Loader.. not sure if I'll get deleted or not, but worth a shot...

I'm loading via HomeBrew Channel (made an icon and xml sheet for it)

I've tried 249, 37, 36, 35... but I can't get it to load with 1:1 or patched... I turn on Region US, is that what I'm doing wrong?

Just wanna see it load the title for backups on my own Wii, lol
It doesn't work with any of the public CIOS' ATM.

also, linkinworm said that you can patch the ISO to use IOS 249 using one of waninkokos public apps and it should load through the disc channel with the menu loader.

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait...what? Seriously? As in press START and the game will load up?

EDIT: Or do you just mean it will show the game banner but it won't load the actual game?

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that is what I mean.

Edit: as in press start and the game will load up, but you still need the currently unreleased CIOS.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, as in Press Start and your Wii will freeze... it won't load the game, it just shows the banner at this point...

But what about raven's Menu Loader... is it the same one, or what? This is a huge step to using the disc channel for the backup loaders...

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LegendaryXM90 said:
Source? Quote? :S

zidane_genome said:
No, as in Press Start and your Wii will freeze... it won't load the game, it just shows the banner at this point...

linkinworm said:
GhostSonic said:
QUOTE(huhster @ Oct 20 2008, 03:48 PM)
wow Nice~! BackUp CDs can be loaded from the system menu~! Cool stuff~! Keep up the great work WiiGATOR~!

As for the people who keep requesting the feature for this loader to play patched games is redundant.
If and when an ISO loader does in fact come out, I am pretty sure it be impossible to load patched games.
It is best to keep the original ISO intact! Quit crying over some lost bandwidth and re-download the game~!

Fuk it, Im a PIRATE~!
hate2.gif
The cool kids make their own ISO's.

The whole loading backup's from the system menu isn't complete yet it seems. the ISO's need to be pactched to use IOS 249 or something along the lines of that, and linkinworm seems to imply that there isn't an easy way to do that.
noo, you can do it, using waninkokos IOS version patcher to patch the games to IOS249, but iv already made the games unpatched, dont want 3 copies of all my games, that and it would take longer all the time to run though menu rather than the loader because id have to run the system menu changer everytime. this was just a "the menu can in theory run the backup games" it should be in the final(0.3/(maybe if version number changes for some reason)0.4) without haveing to patch games to cIOS version.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's something funny...

Load the Menu Loader program... and load via IOS36 or lower... then once you get to your menu, do a Wii Update (if your at 3.3 already)...

It'll actually download the 3.3 update to install... and install it! But if your at 3.3, it won't do anything but overwrite the files, and restart your Wii...

Neat little thing there... not sure if anyone can use that info, but there ya go!

cooldued59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found this link of the VIDEO test comparison of the new wii Backup loader. I AM NOT sure if it hasn't been posted already because, I am only reading bits of this thread.

0.3 MOVIE LOADING COMPARISON

Posts merged

I found this link of the VIDEO test comparison of the new wii Backup loader. I AM NOT sure if it hasn't been posted already because, I am only reading bits of this thread.

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cooldued59 said:

Posts merged

It was posted yesterday if I recall

crazyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
goku1980 said:
theres this patchmii cios on qj from tona n e 1 know if it works with gators loader?

Sorry dude, I would like to help you but I just don't understand what you are writing...

Maybe it's just me...
wacko.gif

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just woundering if it worked they said its a clone of Waninkoko's cios was conserned for the safty of everyones wii my falt

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, tona's port does not include the DIP module, it just has all the other components of waninkoko's cIOS r5, thus it will not work with any of the backup loaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm