Hacking Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma Problems

DustinS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am completly new to Wii modding and backups so please bear with me. I have searched and can't come up with anything.....

I have USA Wii with 4.0U freshly soft modded. I have HBC with Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma. I loaded the CiOS first as it says. I am getting the seemingly famous Disc error 325 no cIOS. I am using Verbatim DVD-R and have burned 2 different games at different speeds. I used Imgburn and followed the guides. I read somewhere to use the Cios patchmii installer but I have absoluteltly no idea how to use it. Its a .dol and I dont know what to do. The media I am using is supposedly compatible. I am stumped and really want to figure this out, but it seems like info is scattered everywhere and every site is different. Please help. Backup Launcher says I am running IOS36 if that makes a difference.

Also, should I downgrade to version 3.xx? How would I do that. Again, I am completly new and have searched. Please help!

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to downgrade to system menu 3. To play backup discs I recommend trying Neogamma. Download it and install it into your apps folder on your SD card. Just make a folder inside your apps folder called Neogamma and put the .dol file in the folder. make sure you name the file boot.dol. After this just fire up your wii and the homebrew channel and start Neogamma. Then post here if you get it to work or have problems...

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im also running into a problem with backup launcher, games freeze up all the time, sometimes after a while, sometimes right of the bat and then essentially the game gets stuck at that same spot over and over again...

if i install Neogamma should i upgrade to ciosrev13b (currently have 13a) and should i uninstall backup launcher 0.3 (not sure how to)

thanks

DustinS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try that later tonight, thanks for your help.

Just to clarify, if I want to load a .dol file rename it to boot.dol and put in apps folder? Is this an installer file? Thanks.

DustinS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That did not work. I have tried Verbatim disc at 1x, 2x, 8x. Now I will try 16X (which is what the disc says). Any other ideas????

Please help!!

DustinS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem solved!!!

I followed this walk though:
http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-custom-softwar...r-4-0-4-0u.html

(I didnt install HBC because I already had it, and I didnt install cIOS36 Rev7 because I couldnt find it for some reason. But my Backup Launcher says I have Rev 13)

I can play backups using Backup Launcher gamma. I had a bouncing black and white screen and forced NTSC and Vid patch and it all works great!

BTW all my verbatim discs worked (DVD-R burned at 1X, 2X, 8X, and 16X)

Thanks for your help!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The site has wii in its name, but its just the regular failure:

"9. Now, using the program that was provided (ImgBrn) you need to copy the ISO file to a DVD-R at the lowest possible burn speed. (x1) The slower the speed the cleaner more complete copy of the file is made."

And:

"NOTE: This will only work with dvd-r. The DVD+R will not work in the Wii. You will get an error saying that the disc could not be read. If you get this error, you waisted your money trying it on a +R disc Trust me! It doesn't work!!!"

And i couldn't check more, as "Only Registered Users Can See Links"...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong