Backup Launcher 0.3 beta

chaoshawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey wiigator do you mind posting some sort of ETA or something. It keeps noobs like me quiet for a while. Sorry if I'm being a nuisance.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok a few days ago i poste a ? and thanx to noobwarrior7
who pointed me

in the right direction they found a way for both loaders
to work i have a zip ready heres the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IDZRAQU6
all files are num for easy install dont know who did it but thanx
v.3
i have put together the files i used on my ntsc usa wii

and with the auto loader it loads pal games still work
now thats v.3

v.1
still all the same bugs only plays patched so if u

patched games and still have them then the are still

good (if you lost compat with v.3 )

game list key
p=patched n/p
unless its marked its all unpatched for info on load issues get at me no prob pitching in to

amf bowl p
bleach s.b
bully p
boom blox p
blast works p
drunswick bowling
battalion wars
backyard baseball 09 p
backyardfootball 09
battle of the bands
chicken shot p
carnavel games
dr death jr p
driver parrell lines p
dragonblade
escape frombug island
endless ocean p still not working on either loader
gutar hero aero
h.o.d 2&3 p
harry potter order phenoix
heat seekers
lego indy
lego bat
mlb power pro p
madden 07,08 p not working
mortal k p not working
man hunt 2 p
mario kart p and n/p
mario party p
mario strikers p
mario slugger
my word coach
metroid prime corupt p
metal slug
namco remix p
naruto c.n.r 2
nba live 9 p
okami p not working
pool party p
pet shop
pirates worlds end
re4 p
re umbrella chrn. p
red steel not working
starwars f.u. p
super swing glof season 2 p
spyro p
sega bass fishing p
star track coquest
soul cal legends p
smarty pants
supersmash bro brawl dvd 5
scarface p
the bigs
trama center n.b p
the monkey king leg begin
trans formers
tony hawk d.h.j
tiger woods 07
the simpsons
tamagachi party on
victorious boxers p
wacky racers p
wii play p
wii sports
warrio shake it p and n/p not working
zelda
zack and wiki p

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here are some notes for the not yet released 0.3 gamma:
You can use same features in the planed new version as in the old version. WiiShizzza is working on a new graphic. The menu looks different, but is similar to the old version.

The default setting are changed:
- GC pad hook
- Ocarina is disabled

You can change this (each time before starting a game). I decided to use this as default setting for higher game compatibility. When you press "B" the System Menu is started and you can start 1:1 backups from the disc channel. The system menu is not changed in the flash. You can't directly start it after power on. I decided not to patch the files in the flash, because there is a much higher risk for bricking the Wii. If you have Starfall installed this may not work, because it tries to patch something, which was already patched by Starfall. I don't have Starfall installed, so I didn't tested it.
It will use new cIOS for IOS249.
I improved speed for decrypted games. There are more direct DMA transfers possible. Currently decrypted games seem to be a little bit faster. Waninkoko is working on a speed improvement, which is also for 1:1 backups. I will wait until he has finished it.

The default settings for System Menu are:
- Region free
- Update check is disabled, because updating from wrong region will lead to a brick. I don't have tried to update from a burned disc. I don't know if this is safe in general when using the correct region.

The fixes for PAL cheat codes should be included, I don't have tested this yet. The cheat system and PAL/NTSC are not within my focus. I will only fix something here, if problems are reported from 30+ users with many different DVD media and there is no opposite report.

It is possible that all games, which worked with 0.1, are working with 0.3 gamma. So you will have the speed of 0.3 beta and the compatiblity of 0.1 and 0.3 added. There are reports that games are not working, which were reported to work 10+ times. This must be due to bad disc burn. I think it is now the highest compatibilty possible with cIOS based on IOS36. I assume all games using IOS30 and higher will work (expect games which are not released now and will use IOS higher than IOS36).

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really hope that what he is waiting on waninkoko for is the same thing waninkoko came on and said he had finished last night.... if thats the case then the wait might be over today.... yeah right i can dream cant i?

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiGator said:
It is possible that all games, which worked with 0.1, are working with 0.3 gamma. So you will have the speed of 0.3 beta and the compatiblity of 0.1 and 0.3 added. There are reports that games are not working, which were reported to work 10+ times. This must be due to bad disc burn. I think it is now the highest compatibilty possible with cIOS based on IOS36. I assume all games using IOS30 and higher will work (expect games which are not released now and will use IOS higher than IOS36).

Holy Jesus! I love you guys! Keep up the great job!

Edit: Why not calling the new version 0.4 instead of 0.3 gamma? 0.4 would sound more 7337
wink.gif

chaoshawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great work wanin/gator. Just saddens me to see that all my testing is pointless for the beta. I'd love to test for gamma, PM me for my MSN.

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
digitydogs said:
I really hope that what he is waiting on waninkoko for is the same thing waninkoko came on and said he had finished last night.... if thats the case then the wait might be over today.... yeah right i can dream cant i?

I Hope You Are Right
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Faster loading for decrypted games...
Does anybody KNOW if the on the fly decryption the Wii does on originals and 1:1 copies, is executed in software or in hardware? Does the Wii have special chips for decrypting, which do nothing else than decryption?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
goku1980 said:
ok a few days ago i poste a ? and thanx to noobwarrior7
who pointed me

in the right direction they found a way for both loaders
to work i have a zip ready heres the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IDZRAQU6
all files are num for easy install dont know who did it but thanx
v.3
i have put together the files i used on my ntsc usa wii

and with the auto loader it loads pal games still work
now thats v.3

v.1
still all the same bugs only plays patched so if u

patched games and still have them then the are still

good (if you lost compat with v.3 )

game list key
p=patched n/p
unless its marked its all unpatched for info on load issues get at me no prob pitching in to

warrio shake it p and n/p not working
zelda
zack and wiki p

Wario Land Shake It has been confirmed NTSC not working... as of now only PAL works (p and n/p)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
--=ZerO=-- said:
I think it's handled by Starlet.

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Starlet

I/O and security in the same chip, hmm sounds like decryption in software. Ok, this isn't important, this was just a question i had in mind.

QUOTE(Thor1981 @ Nov 9 2008, 07:46 PM) Wiigator, why not post a video of the new backup launcher v 0.3 gamma?
Need a tester?

Why a video? You don't believe 0.1 and 0.3 combined compatibility with slightly improved loading times? I do believe him. I think he has enough testers. If not he could nearly PM everbody posting on the backuplauncher threads and pick the testers himself.

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
--=ZerO=-- said:
I think it's handled by Starlet.

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Starlet

I/O and security in the same chip, hmm sounds like decryption in software. Ok, this isn't important, this was just a question i had in mind.

QUOTE(Thor1981 @ Nov 9 2008, 07:46 PM) Wiigator, why not post a video of the new backup launcher v 0.3 gamma?
Need a tester?

Why a video? You don't believe 0.1 and 0.3 combined compatibility with slightly improved loading times? I do believe him. I think he has enough testers. If not he could nearly PM everbody posting on the backuplauncher threads and pick the testers himself.
A video in which a game is loaded into the channel disc.
I leave it to the tester of choice Wiigator

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thor1981 said:
A video in which a game is loaded into the channel disc.
I leave it to the tester of choice Wiigator

Sorry, i did not think about this, because to me it's useless at the moment. When i got it right, the backuplauncher has to be started, then you press B and finally you can load the game from disc channel. Just start the launcher and press A to start is the way i prefer when i have these 2 choices.

unicode2CP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
@ WiiGator

Hi,

Is it possible to create Backup Launcher that will have support for loading backup images directly from SDHC (Class 6) cards at 6X speed or even faster? Or that's something that we can forget.
rolleyes.gif

Best regards.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SDHC Class 6 does not mean 6x reading speed. It means 6 MB/s write speed GUARANTEED, they can be faster, and reading speed is usally faster.
6x speed with sd cards and 6x speed with dvs is not the same, but nearly. Sure is: SDHC Class 6 cards can be read at least as fast as the wii can read dvds. Questions are: Does the Wii support full reading speed, or is the sd slot limeted to USB1.1 reading speed too? And is it possible to use sd reading commands inside the IOS where it would be needed for something like this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1