Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:
cedwii said:
wiigator
wii don t hear about you anymore for a long time now,are you still ok?
Just give us some news mate,and thank s again the 0.3 is very good,i m surprise most of the games work when their are decripted, i hope you find a way out to minor compability problems!
Is it a cios pb?
Did you have more test with disc channel?
Shuss!!
Cedwii!!

The next version will be called Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma:
- It will use the newer G****OS
- It includes support for the rebooter, so 1:1 backups are working with the disc channel (Including newer titles).
- Dual layer may not work.

Current state is:
"de Blob" works on PAL
"Star Wars - Force unleashed" seems to work on NTSC.
"Star Wars - Force unleashed" doesn't work on PAL.

I need more time to fix it.

Sounds great, Keep up the good work.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiGator said:
cedwii said:
wiigator
Just give us some news mate,and thank s again the 0.3 is very good,i m surprise most of the games work when their are decripted, i hope you find a way out to minor compability problems!
Is it a cios pb?
Shuss!!
Cedwii!!

- It includes support for the rebooter, so 1:1 backups are working with the disc channel (Including newer titles).

Current state is:
"de Blob" works on PAL

Thats great news!
So does it mean, after installing the new cIOS, I can load 1:1 backups directly from Disc Channel, and the ones which doesnt work from the disc channel(eg. Dual Layer disc) can be loaded from backuplaoder0.3gamma.dol?

So what I mean is:
"Will there also be a aplication to load backups aswell? or only Disc Channel loading?

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiGator said:
cedwii said:
wiigator
Is it a cios pb?
Shuss!!
Cedwii!!

Current state is:
"de Blob" works on PAL

mhhhmmmmm
smile.gif
Seems like our master has ended his vacation and is finally back at work. Great news!
So, I'll start up photoshop and make a nice Wiigator3 gamma Logo and a nice banner and icons
smile.gif

If you need anything special, any kind of graphics, gimme a call.

thx for your endurance !

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:

Current state is:
"de Blob" works on PAL

That's excellent news WiiGator!!! The only 2 games that I've been having problems with were Star Wars and Red Steel. It's good to know at least Stars Wars can be fixed.

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
So, I'll start up photoshop and make a nice Wiigator3 gamma Logo and a nice banner and icons
smile.gif
If the backup launcher works with the disc channel, why do you need to make a banner?

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Matt Cese said:
WiiShizzza said:
smile.gif
If the backup launcher works with the disc channel, why do you need to make a banner?

From what I could understand by reading WiiGator's words, there will be "support" for rebooter, so I think launching games via disc channel is an option, not the only way!
smile.gif

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hey Wiigator, thanks for the update. It's very nice to see you're working so hard for us, and for that I heartly thank you.
I'm happy to hear that the new loader will feature an improved compatibility.

By the way, have you read this?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113801

it's about a fix in the loader 0.3 made by requiem4d. I wanted to point that out to you, if you didn't know already, so you can talk to the guy and use his feedback for a better loader.

thanks man, you're uber-awesome!

theman060606

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip on not using TDK discs. I already have a spindle of Verbatim discs on order.
To shorten my original question: If I already updated to 3.3U and have IOS 247 running, is it true that I need to uninstall that IOS prior to installing this V3 loader? If so, won't I have problems loading the new IOS having a 3.3U updated wii? How do I proceed installing the v3 loader and its associated IOS from my current state? Thanks.

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TyrianCubed said:
Hey Wiigator, thanks for the update. It's very nice to see you're working so hard for us, and for that I heartly thank you.
ehm... he is not working for us, its just a challenge, he wants to prove himself he can do it, thats what hackers do.

apu2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
theman060606 said:
Thanks for the tip on not using TDK discs. I already have a spindle of Verbatim discs on order.
To shorten my original question: If I already updated to 3.3U and have IOS 247 running, is it true that I need to uninstall that IOS prior to installing this V3 loader? If so, won't I have problems loading the new IOS having a 3.3U updated wii? How do I proceed installing the v3 loader and its associated IOS from my current state? Thanks.

It wouldn't hurt following the guide I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. You wouldn't have to erase anything either. I just installed what was listed there, and if I happened to have one particular thing already, then I'd just be installing over it. Give it a shot, it just might work
smile.gif

As for discs, I have had zero problems with Fuji DVD-Rs
wink.gif

cedwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiGator said:
cedwii said:
wiigator
Is it a cios pb?
Shuss!!
Cedwii!!

Current state is:
"de Blob" works on PAL

Thank s for your answer wiiG
I m glad you ok and still working on this project,i wait the gamma version like a kid waiting a present for chrismas!!
Is wanin helping you on this project?
And thank you for doing this for us on your free time!!
shuss wiiG

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
bin01 said:
TyrianCubed said:
ehm... he is not working for us, its just a challenge, he wants to prove himself he can do it, thats what hackers do.
I don't know the hacker culture, but in the end he's doing us all a big favour without asking anything in return, that's why I said that
grog.gif

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im running v.3 with the retry fix and ssbb,monopaly,buld a bear (dvd 5) and im using the same disc that ive made all my copies with it starts to load the i get the error mess. my wii is a ntsc and ive tryed both channe loader and hbc nither work thanx for the hard work i uses imgburn and burn at 4x any ideas would be helpful and not to sound noobish but thanks to all who help noobs along ya coo people in my book

I-Iybr1d

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hfusion.planetaclix.pt
XP
Country
TyrianCubed said:
bin01 said:
TyrianCubed said:
I don't know the hacker culture, but in the end he's doing us all a big favour without asking anything in return, that's why I said that
grog.gif

Actually i think is doing something for the scene even grater than we imagine, we has open the window to disc based hombrew, no waranty loss backup mode (as chips simply make your waranty go puff), multimedia disc readable for our homebrew players (such as dvd movies, mp3s and more) and soooo much more!

The main problem is the damm stupid crackers (not hackers) that use this to f**k up the piracy laws (by doing massive game copies to sell worlwide) and also creation new and stupid ways to make us brick our systems by using their fake "homebrews" so they can just have a good laugh at us.

I was wondering if it will be any GC compatibility in the near future... i've got a ton of old Gamecube games that are scratch so badly that even scotch brit couldnt make it worse...
unsure.gif

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
It's very true, and infact he's doing great things. The fact that we can benefit from his work is even more awesome
smile.gif

You're right, crackers are really bad. Usually the money they make selling huge amount of pirated games and stuff goes into the hands of criminal organizations, and that's something awful.
But since this is a softmod, it's porbably going to stay in our "circle", where people knowledgeable enough to install it end up using just for backups and other things that don't break the rules.

@goku: no problems with wads. My internet channel is the original one (downloaded when it was free) and works fine.

GC compatibility...I heard somewhere it is possible, but for now the priority is Wii compatibility (and rightfully so). I still have all my original GC games so I can play them on the wii no problem. I bought a good number of games back in the GC era.

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
Hello, Wiigator
grog.gif

You're done already to solve the problems of the new backup launcher v 0.3 gamma?
With this new version will be able to load Gamecube games?
CIOs are using the same or is there a new one.
I have read the threads on an IOS 247, I recommend using it? Waninkoko talk to me and said that it is an old, who only have changed the name.
The BL v 0.3 gamma will be more compatible games?
Okami charge?
A greeting.

finkel98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

First of all thanks to all of you (and Wiigator and Wanikoko especially) for the posts!

newbie question here - I got the homebrew channel up and running got the wii back-up loader working as well (v0.3). Got the bloombox ISO (NTSC) - my Wii is also NTSC. I burned the ISO using my mac's disk utility (DVD-R, 4x speed). Could not access the game - I get an "Exception (DSI) occured" message error (code dump / lot of symbols).

Is it due to:

1) burning? Most pple were recommending imgburn - did i do something wrong?
2) patching the ISO? i have no idea how to do it - but i thought that having v0.3 of backup loader meant that u don't have to patch the ISO.

Would love to get your help on this. thanks a lot everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...