ruel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hopefully this is the right section to post it:

I've had my wiikey 2 for a couple of months and I've noticed a problem that might not be normal. Wii backup games load normally almost 100% of the time, but the majority of Gamecube backup games take multiple tries to get them to load. I turn on the Wii and put in the Gamecube backup game. Then the gamecube logo appears on the disk channel. Then I click to start the game . The Wii remote shuts off (like it should) and I get a black screen. I usually hold the power button and try again. It usually takes between two and four tries toget games to load.

Is this normal? If not, how can I fix it?

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reburn. Different media, different speed.

The Wii is having a hard time reading the disc; but unlike a Wii game, you won't get the 'disc can't be read' message, especially if it's before the game loads.

I used to have this problem before switching my media too... the Wii is even more finicky about reading GC backups than Wii ones.

Also, try making a multigame disc to run through the GC backup launcher, so you don't have to keep swapping 'em. Once you make one reliable disc, you'll have several games you can play without worry.

ruel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply. But why do the disks work sometimes? I find that really weird. Shouldn't they either work or not work, not sometimes work?

Also, In case anybody wants to know... I was burning the games at 2.4x with imgburn on TDK DVD-R

ineedhelpbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really i have tested some games at my house and they load fine i take them to a friends and i have to load them multiple times. get some good media and burn at 8x (for 16x media) and see if that helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica