Hacking Backup FAT23 install folder

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Just a few questions

I'm following a tutorial where I load two homebrew files in the root of my sd card, called wii u, inside it they have something called wup and homebrew apps.

Then I add a folder on the root again of the games I want backed up, and rename the folder to install. But if I have multiple games at once, what do I do then? Do I put them under a massive folder called install? im confused.

Next, the SD card format for me only works when it is FAT32 and alloted space is 32kb? What if I have games bigger than 4gb? Isn't there a restriction that says you can't have files greater than 4GB?

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
inside the install folder you can have multiple sub folders. each one with the game files.
when you load Wup, you have the option to install all of them at once.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a few questions

I'm following a tutorial where I load two homebrew files in the root of my sd card, called wii u, inside it they have something called wup and homebrew apps.

Then I add a folder on the root again of the games I want backed up, and rename the folder to install. But if I have multiple games at once, what do I do then? Do I put them under a massive folder called install? im confused.

Next, the SD card format for me only works when it is FAT32 and alloted space is 32kb? What if I have games bigger than 4gb? Isn't there a restriction that says you can't have files greater than 4GB?

Since toxic9 answered your question about the install folder, I'll answer your last question. WUP Installable files are broken down into small parts that are less than 4 GB. This allows you to add them to install folder and install them to either your Wii U console or an external hard drive. Most games will add up to more than 4 GB sure but again they're broken down into smaller parts, and because of that you're able to install games of any size. You will never see an individual file larger than 4 GB in that format so you don't have to worry about the size limit. That's all that matters is individual files being less than 4 GB not the entire download.

Last edited by EmulateLife,
Reactions: toxic9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt