Pendulum of souls!
OP
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I was wondering if it's possible to backup the save file of a certain eShop title.

After a while I noticed a few games stopped working for me (GB Donkey Kong, and a few GBA and NES games). I fixed most with redownloading the games but there are a couple of games I don't want to lose its progress, so I was wondering if by coping some files from the SD, redownload the games and put those files back I could preserve the saves.

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it's possible to backup the save file of a certain eShop title.

After a while I noticed a few games stopped working for me (GB Donkey Kong, and a few GBA and NES games). I fixed most with redownloading the games but there are a couple of games I don't want to lose its progress, so I was wondering if by coping some files from the SD, redownload the games and put those files back I could preserve the saves.
You could but you will have to find the save in the mess of files that they have

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
All 3DS eshop saves are stored on the SD card.
All DSi eshop saves are stored on the device itself. And can't be backed up, only transfered to a new system with the system transfer function.

All you would need to back up your save is know the path to the file on the SD card to save. Restoring a save from a previous backup point has no ill effects unless they added some kind of timestamp with the current 3DS firmware and stored it only on the NAND and not on the SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative