Gaming Backup 3ds apps to sd?

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its weird how you can copy your DsiWare games to the SD to back them up so u don't use all you 3ds space, but 3ds apps cant. Is there a way to backup 3ds apps like Excitebike and the virtual console games? I understand that all apps and Dsiware have to be run off the system, but why only backup Dsiware and not 3ds lol

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolven9 said:
Its weird how you can copy your DsiWare games to the SD to back them up so u don't use all you 3ds space, but 3ds apps cant. Is there a way to backup 3ds apps like Excitebike and the virtual console games? I understand that all apps and Dsiware have to be run off the system, but why only backup Dsiware and not 3ds lol
Correct me if im wrong but didn't the videos, excite bike and the Pokemon thing all download to the SD card itself? I do remember it saying do not remove the SD card and showing me the number of blocks left based on the 16 gigs on my sd card.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's probably why he couldn't find them to backup
wink.gif

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now i feel retarded xD I guess that's why i couldn't back them up haha thanx guys. But i would like to know something: What happens in the future when we have tons of dsi and 3ds apps and they cant all load on the 3ds front page? Because with dsiware u can backup to sd card and it wont be playable and it hides it from the front page (Because its on the sd and not the system). I kinda wish it was the same way for 3ds apps so i could choose what pops up on my front page.

Plus it takes the 3ds l little longer to boot up if it has to read and load all those icons to the front page. For instance, say i wanna keep Excitebike but don't want it on my front page to reduce load times or just to have extra space lol The 3ds only has 60 slots on the front page and 10 or 11 of those are icons that you need (Like the Eshop or Mii plaza). I filled at least 12 more slots on day one of the Eshop lol

G

geenlung

I don't see why anyone would need access to 40+ apps simultaneously. You can just copy files to your PC and dump them back on the SD card as needed.

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geenlung said:
I don't see why anyone would need access to 40+ apps simultaneously. You can just copy files to your PC and dump them back on the SD card as needed.

I dont think you can do that lol i tried and after i did that they didn't pop up at all and i had to re download them.
i think its only dsi games that can do that.

Edit: I take that back, you can transfer 3ds and dsiware stuff too, but its all named and randomly coded so you cant tell which app or game is which

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."