Backing up save files from 3-in-1's NOR?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by DeepFriedAsian, Oct 20, 2008.

Oct 20, 2008
  1. DeepFriedAsian
    OP

    Member DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2006
    Messages:
    318
    Location:
    Michigan
    Country:
    United States
    Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to back up a save from a game written to NOR (Mother 3) to the SD card in the slot-1 card? The game randomly keeps saying that my data was lost, but when I reset, it's back there so I want to be safe by backing it up. I tried pressing B at the NOR screen but all it gave me was "SRAM save data not found, Can't backup to SAV file."

    Help?
     
  2. Tanas

    Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2006
    Messages:
    2,258
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Use the "Backup whole SRAM to SRAM.BIN" option in PSRAM mode to backup your save and the "Restore SRAM.BIN to SRAM" option to write your save back to your
    3-in-1.
     
  3. DeepFriedAsian
    OP

    Member DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2006
    Messages:
    318
    Location:
    Michigan
    Country:
    United States
    Alright, thanks!
    Just wondering, what would the buttons be for those options? X then Y right?
     
  4. Tanas

    Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2006
    Messages:
    2,258
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah.
     
  5. DeepFriedAsian
    OP

    Member DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2006
    Messages:
    318
    Location:
    Michigan
    Country:
    United States
    Ok, cool, but what exactly can I do with the SRAM.bin file?

    EDIT: Also, the reason I'm doing this is because the 3-in-1's NOR is messed up. Like, sometimes it says the save data was corrupted and will be deleted, but when I take the 3-in-1 out, smack it around, then put it back in, it loads my data, but doesn't save. And that only happens 5% of the time, the other 95% the data is corrupted. So basically, it can't save. Is there a solution for this or do I have to buy a new one?
     

Share This Page