Backing up ROMs on gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aalvi, Dec 8, 2014.

1. aalvi
    OP

aalvi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2007
    Canada
    I have some games like SMTIV and Smash bros

If I backup/dump my own rom on gateway, do the saves of the games come with it?

I have a lot of hours put into SMTIV, I also bought the DLC. So I was wondering if that stuff would function if I have the game rom on gateway.

2. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    yeah you can dump the roms and saves

3. LucaSmash

LucaSmash GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2014
    United States
    How do you do it? I'd like to dump the roms of all of my games so I can have them with me always :)

4. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    I'm curious about this as well. I bought a bunch of games half-price and don't want to haul them around with me.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    go to the gateway menu and choose dump cart, copy the dumped .3ds file to the micto SD and rename it to .3dz......in regards to saves its more complicated.....basically if you played the game on a updated console and not in classic mode you will be unlikely to be able to use the saves unless its a older game (pre 6.x FW), and even after that you then need to find out the games save size by dumping the save via the gateway menu if its 512kb you can use it, if its 128kb you can't, and if the game is a card2 game the save is dumped with the rom

Monty Kensicle and Zidapi like this.